Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 National Meet Date's

Ken

I don't think many are going to Japfest from TOC this year JJ - some of those that went last year weren't too impressed. I guess it's trial and error with these things :unsure:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jaxx

• Ken

• knightrider

• JustJJ

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I never went... so dont know what it was like... but the MR2OC are setting up convoys n that... and I think some of my mates from there are going... so wondered if it was worth it.. or whether any TOCers might be there...

japfest is just a big meet for subarus :P

Scumbaru's :banned::yucky:

After last year i told them never again and then they only phoned me up last month and offered me 30 free ticket's, hopefully he took my advise and is now fileing the said ticket's via his !Removed! <_<

we not doing japfest next year?

It wasn't the best organised event really was it (I don't mean on TOCs part). I don't think I'll miss it.

:rolleyes: Comment's like that plus all the grief i got afterward's mean's no official presence at Japfest :yes:

Rotorstock the week after instead ;)

Agreed last year was dismal. was the worst ever. But it is a pity TOC isn't going officially :( I will still be there and have already sorted out a couple of track passes. I have always wanted to have a go on track at Castle Coombe, now I have the chance :D

Any TOCers there pop over top the MK1 Club stand and say hi B)

I will do if I am there Garrick! :thumbsup:

Still unsure as of yet.. damn you Ken!! I coulda done with a free ticket LOL :P all these meets n travelling takes its toll on the old wallet :P

• 4 weeks later...

hi all,

:help: are these meets/rallies just for the modified cars or can members with bog standard cars attend i presume the track day is for the speed freaks or is there something else going on as well ? new to this, but would like to meet some of you. is it also mainly 18-30s or do you get more mature 40 odds going.let me know. :thumbsup:

Hi wilber.

In answer to your questions.

Your car must have a wheel at each corner, be road legal, taxed and insured. :yes:

The only restriction as far as age goes is that you must have a pulse and be able to breathe unaided. :lol:

Regards

Les (age 55 with a basically standard MR2 Roadster ) :thumbsup:

Hi wilber.

Your car must have a wheel at each corner, be road legal, taxed and insured. :yes:

Regards

Les (age 55 with a basically standard MR2 Roadster ) :thumbsup:

Thats my reliant robin out then eh! :lol:

Don't know about Mature over 40's though.. but i know that at least one imature 37 and 9/10 attends some.

There are lots of unmodded cars go to the meets.. they are more about the people than the cars.

i presume the track day is for the speed freaks or is there something else going on as well ?

The highlight of Castle Coombe last year was an old geezer who spent most of the day overtaking Imprezas and Evos in his Glanza (basically an import Starlet).

How we laughed :D

Paul.

hi all,

:help: are these meets/rallies just for the modified cars or can members with bog standard cars attend i presume the track day is for the speed freaks or is there something else going on as well ? new to this, but would like to meet some of you. is it also mainly 18-30s or do you get more mature 40 odds going.let me know. :thumbsup:

I have a bog standard 1.3 Yaris - if I'm welcome, any dude is! :lol:

Track Attack isnt just about racing, you go to meet people and mingle and have a great day, whilst watching racing! :lol:

And you can be any age, with or without own teeth! ;)

hi all,

were an Owners club at the end of the day, so you just need to own one to come along... in fact, you dont even need a toyota in some cases :lol:

you dont need to be running 10second quaters or have more BHP than a battleship either

age is no concern, just look at Les, and even he doesnt need his iron lung all the time, and then theres young uns around the age of 20odd

but in most cases it dont matter if you 18 or 80, when it comes to the cars your still 14 :D

hi, newbie to all thses meets n things, which are the best ones to start attending? and whats the score? do we book accom ourselves and just meet up wherever? or how does it work? i know its a really open question but i'd like my first one to be where quite a lot ot TOCcers are and a chilled out atmos.

many thanks in advance

hi, newbie to all thses meets n things, which are the best ones to start attending? and whats the score? do we book accom ourselves and just meet up wherever? or how does it work? i know its a really open question but i'd like my first one to be where quite a lot ot TOCcers are and a chilled out atmos.

many thanks in advance

There are (or should be) regional events which you are welcome to attend. Theoretically you choose an event close to you that you can easily attend at will.

Obviously you don't only have to go to your regional events, but it's a must that you attend the national meets too! :thumbsup:

Seriously you are welcome to go to whichever meet you feel like going to. I would imagine if you want to do an event far from you then getting there and accomodating yourself could be advisable. A number of the bigger meets include camping and much beverage consumption. Not to miss B)

cheers for that, excuse the name (gold mixup)

very informative, i shall sift through all the events now and hopefully see you all soon!!! B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey people is anyone going to USC at Pod this year.... if so i'll come find people and introduce myself :)