Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Induction Kit? De-cat?

ozzy666

lo all,i'm wanting to get an induction kit for my car anyone no what type,where best to get online and how much they roughly are? what will it do ?sorry i'm w**k with cars [but slowly learning] also wanting to de-cat it i've looked on internet but can't seem to find anywhere that does much for 1991 celica's :( many thanks :P

TBH you`ll be better off with a good quality panel filter in the existing airbox. A K&N would do nicely. Plus drilling a couple of largish holes in the bottom of the airbox to let more cold air in.

Go for a decat to release a few more horses and improve the torque a little. A nice stainless exhaust system would set it all off nicely. Dont go to daft on the bore size, it won`t achieve anything. 2inch is ample. (Thats what i keep telling the missus anyway. :lol: Thats about all you need to do to a GT unless you want to spend zilions of squids.

Try all the usual suspects for parts. Demon tweeks etc. + A few links below. :thumbsup:

Here

Here

Here

Here

Just by googling Celica ST182 Decat and air filter

If your car is a UK 91 GT then you don't have a cat anyway. :thumbsup:

I'm not convinced about this drilling holes in the air box trick. How is drawing air in from the engine bay going to get a cooler air feed? :unsure:

Don't buy a blitz, and I would stay away from HKS stuff personally.

Wonder why they stuck `em on the UK GT4`s .... They must`ve realised everyone would either gut them or get decats. :unsure:

No i`m not convinced about the airbox thing either. Less restrictive i suppose. But thats about all. especially if the undershields are still on. Does the GT have a resonator box in the front wing? Probably be better to get shot of that???

Drilling the airbox is only really going to be of use if you then fit a flexible pipe from the bumper all the way up to the bottom of the airbox, thereby giving an extra cold air feed. Thats what I did, and it works just fine.

its got a cat m8 :angry: wish it dint ,we got same car mikeb have'nt we ? has urs got one on?? is it worth putting an k&n in? does it make it sound better :blink: ?

Got a Simota induction kit, fitted it over the weekend very loud replaces the original air box definately adds bhp and throttle response paid £110. Think they do a similar style for the gen 5 if not theres plenty of other brands on the market.

ang1645sm.th.jpg

its got a cat m8  :angry:  wish it dint ,we got same car mikeb have'nt we ? has urs got one on?? is it worth putting an k&n in? does it make it sound better :blink: ?

Are you sure? UK GTs only had a cat from mid/late 92 onwards. All imports have them. If you have a cat, you will have a lambda sensor too (I think it will be found on the exhaust downpipe). And if you do have a cat, then removing it will be much more worthwhile than messing with the air filter, a guaranteed 4hp at least.

its got a long box bout 10" be 5" underneath around the front seating area thats a cat is'nt it? i'm sure its not an import. :fear: wats a lambda sensor :wacko: ??

log book says, first registration 01/08/1991

first uk registration 01/08/1991

No, that's just the the first silencer. I'm pretty sure your car doesn't have a cat.

Lambda sensor/O2 sensor is a sensor mounted in the exhaust, just before the cat (you will either have both or neither).

u were right mikeb its not got one :thumbsup: hoping it had one so i could de-cat it and make it abit faster :( oh well just the k&n to do :D cheers :thumbsup: