Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reckless Parking

lee_ts51

Hello all.

I have just discovered this morning before going to work, that I have a relatively noticeable stractch on my T sport front bumper passenger side. :eek:

tsportbumperscratch9gs.jpg

Absolute Bugger!

Now there are two possible places where it could have happened

1. Where i parked my car yesterday on the street near my work place and some punk has just rubbed against my car.

2. The incident happened at the supermarket, where there were trolleys at the front side of the car, and i'm pretty sure they were not touching.

My money is on number 1.

On another note, I always take precaution when parking to avoid this kind of thing.

1. When street parking, I allow enough room towards the front and back so that I am able to get out.

2. I never park in tight spots, hard corners, near a corner.

3. When bay parking, I always allow equal space between either side so that when i open my door there is enough space to get out.

Anyway, you guys got any idea how much it will cost to get it repaired?

There's no way that's caused by a supermarket trolley, unless a car hit the trolley into your car. If it was a car directly, then it is unusual that there doesn't seem to be any paint transferred to your vehicle from the other one; you can usually tell what colour the car that hit you was.

Sadly it seems that no matter how careful you are, at some time this will happen.

I'd get a quote from a few places if I were you - cost could vary considerably. And get their views on whether it needs a new bumper or not - I would think that it doesn't; had similar damage on the rear of my Celica and it was repaired perfectly, though they did have to remove the bumper to do it, so cost was still a couple of hundred (not to me mind, in my case the driver owned up and he paid for it). Dentmaster or Chips away would probably be considerably cheaper if they can make a seamless repair without removing the bumper.

You could of course claim on insurance, but unless your NCD is protected, and excess is low, it's probably not worth it.

Good luck.

had a similar thing done to my t sport mate same side. went back to my toyota dealer it was £140 plus VAT full bumper spray and they had it for 2 days. Perfect job though. Other companies do an OK job but the colour match is abit hazy

I'd be absolutely raging mate! :ffs:

Doesn't look as if it'll be too expensive to repair but you shouldn't need to in the first place. :censor:

Hope you get it sorted soon matey! :thumbsup:

About £150 from one of them chip away places so if its £140 inc vat from mr t i would go there :thumbsup:

I thinking it was done by a supermarket trolley or something similar.... I wouldn't of thought another car bumper would put, what looks like, two deep gouches in the bumper (above the main impact area).

Do they use one of those trolley collection things or do they push them using man-power ?

Just had a closer look at the damage this afternoon.

My mate said to look out to see if the other cars paint was smugged on to it.

And it was. :eek: I can see some green paint on it. So we can definately rule out the trolley thing. Unless Sainsburys have green trollies.

Managed to get a qoute from a garage and the guy said £180 + Vat which comes to £211.50 :unsure:

I gave chips away a ring and they havent got back to me yet.

Might go to Mr T and see if they qoute the same (£140).

Bad luck, mate. It's horrible when this happens, I know. Definitely not a trolley by the way. Not enough mass. To cause that damage it would have to be travelling at one heck of a speed. Yeah, car as you now think, Well, a green car actually.

The hardest part of the repair is that the plastic peels away as can be seen in the pic. Mind you, it can be sorted. I did it on my last car myself but the gouges weren't as deep as that.

Lee,

I wonder if it's worth asking Sainsburys about it. I'm sure there official policy is that it's not their responsibility, but it might be worth asking them. 200 quid's nothing to them, so maybe they would cough up?

It also might be worth asking to see their security camera tapes, though they might have over-written them by now. But if you could get the incident on tape you could report it to the police.

I wonder if anyone's already tried this, and if so whether they had any success?

May not be worth it though as insurance excess may not mean you get any compensation anyway! May be worth seeing what your insurance excess and what the job would cost first as it doesnt seem that major so prob isnt even worth trying to claim! unlucky anyway and good luck on the repair! It seems all yaris' are doomed to be scratched and hurt in some way! (prob because all the drivers are always using them because there so fun to drive so there on the road more....or something :P)

Lee,

I wonder if it's worth asking Sainsburys about it.  I'm sure there official policy is that it's not their responsibility, but it might be worth asking them.  200 quid's nothing to them, so maybe they would cough up?

It also might be worth asking to see their security camera tapes, though they might have over-written them by now.  But if you could get the incident on tape you could report it to the police.

I wonder if anyone's already tried this, and if so whether they had any success?

I work for Sainsbury's and just to clarify..they do pay out if you actually witness the incident, maybe they have cctv recording of it. a friend of myne crashed a stack of trolleys into a moving mercedes at work. Sainsburys did pay for the repairs on the car. but ideally you need to ask them if they did see anything on the cctv cameras.