Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Xt-r

tomfraser

hi just need :help: my alarm on my rav if someone smashes the windows will it set the alarm off? or is it just when the doors are opened? just i got a expensive sound system in and just wondered if i need a better alarm on?

dont fancy losing 2 grand worth of stuff

thanks tom

hi just need  :help:  my alarm on my rav if someone smashes the windows will it set the alarm off? or is it just when the doors are opened? just i got a expensive sound system in and just wondered if i need a better alarm on?

dont fancy losing 2 grand worth of stuff

thanks  tom

Have you got the manual for the alarm I think it mentions something about going off if it detects noise to suggest someone is tampering with the window, i.e trying to break it.

i have tried everything to set the alarm off but it just wont go off! i tried sitting inside when i set it,then jumped about like a mad monkey but still did not set the alarm off!!! think i will have to get a better alarm fitted! :censor:

Mods so far:

Front nudge bar

Side steps

Rear light protectors

Spoiler

Blacked out windows

Chrome handles

Rear Step (Tube)

Twin exhaust

Motorised screen sat nav/dvd/tv tuner

Rear roof mounted 10inch screen

The XT-R is based on the XT3 which only has a Perimeter Alarm (XT4 & 5 have addtional Interior sensors ), so it only goes off when the doors are tampered with.

I believe you can fit aftermarket Sensors.

hi prince, any ideas where i can get some sensors from? will toyota not have them to fit on???

thanks

Mods so far:

Front nudge bar

Side steps

Rear light protectors

Spoiler

Blacked out windows

Chrome handles

Rear Step (Tube)

Twin exhaust

Motorised screen sat nav/dvd/tv tuner

Rear roof mounted 10inch screen

Toyota should be able to help out with the sensors, so it’s worth a try enquiring, alternatively you can try universal type sensors. Bellow is an eBay Link to one.

Link

:D thanks i will phone them up in the morning!

do you think that one on eBay will be easy to fit? there again i will have to find the alarm box first :bookworm:

just been to toyota about my alarm,they said the xt-r is fitted with window break sensors so no need to fit any extra sensors on :D

That’s good to know, I guess the Window Sensors are part of what they termed as ‘Perimeter alarm’ and the sensors inside are just a back up.

It’s also probably good thing not to have the sensors inside as often this is what triggers false alarms, when there’s a strong wind the air manages to come through the vents and triggers the sensors inside. My previous car (Avensis) car alarm constantly went off when there were strong winds, I use to have to arm it without the sensors activated switching them off via a button near the front reading light switch.

just fitted a shock sensor to my rav...now if anyone bangs it or bumps it in there car,or shopping trolley it will set the alarm off :D

mind you it was hard to wire in because i had to search for my alarm unit :censor: