Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange Motor Type Noise

spinout_mr2

hey all, i have an annoying motor like buzzing noise coming from the front of my rev1 turbo. it dosnt do it all the time but it sounds like a motor of some kind. i know the p.a.s dosnt work because mrT told me last time i was there. has anyone got any ideas to spread some light? thanks shaun

I had a rev2 mk2 UK model which had the same motor type whirring noise. It was definately the PAS pump.

Are you sure your PAS system doesnt work because the steering would be !Removed! heavy without it! I found this out as mine failed and I had to drive it to Mr.T to be repaired.

as far as i know mate they told me it didnt work so i was like ok. but trust me its !Removed! heavy? so would fixing the power steering sort the problem then yeah?

as far as i know mate they told me it didnt work so i was like ok. but trust me its !Removed! heavy? so would fixing the power steering sort the problem then yeah?

I think all 2's make that noise to some extent, mine does. It might be that you just need to top up your PAS system with some fluid.

Hi,

If you get someone to start the car and turn the steering wheel left/right while you have a good listen to the PAS pump which like you say is under the front cover. You'll hear it whirring away while its working. You'll soon tell if it is that making the noise

Alex

its it sounds abnormally loud, its probably running dry and will therefor have low fluid or an air bubble

which will explain the heavy steering

thanks and yes jaxx it is loud, but sometimes it wizzez louder than others and it also dosnt do it all the time.