Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Want To Buy Tsport

Michael.Bradshaw

Hi, I've just registered. I had a look through the forums but couldn't find the answer to all my questions. I have a black 99 G6R and want to sell it and get a corolla tsport. I like the 04 facelfit model because of the styling changes and kit on it. Can you tell me if there are any other changes besides the external styling?

I could stretch to £9000 and have seen a few around this price.

Do you think it's worthwhile spending that money on a 54 plate or just get a pre facelift model and spent the cash saved on a bodykit and extras?

Thanks. michael.

Do you think it's worthwhile spending that money on a 54 plate or just get a pre facelift model and spent the cash saved on a bodykit and extras?

I think that's a pretty good price for a facelift model. Check it hasn't been mistreated or crashed.

You get lower springs and strut braces on the newer model, but if you put the TTE springs on the older one for a few hundred quid it will be lower.

The facelift seems to be mainly cosmetic, so you need to decide whether the difference in price justifies the looks.

Paul.

the one i have seen is actually an early 04 car. It's at a car supermarket in london so I would have to fly to london and drive home to belfast! Do you think it will make much difference if i wait til january. Will the prices drop a little because the cars are a year older on paper?

Thanks for the reply btw

Do you think it will make much difference if i wait til january. Will the prices drop a little because the cars are a year older on paper?

Maybe, but somebody might have bought it by then! :unsure:

Paul.

Hi . i too wanted a aface lift model prefere the dials , front bumper BUT i found a prefacelife that had many extras fitting on , tte twin exhaust , tinted lights , side skirts and full leather interioer , and i paid 10k :D from a dealer too so got all the extras even t-sport matts lol

and to be honest once uve fallen in love with it , the way it drives and handles basically u dont miss what u dont have ! i wouldnt swop her for a facelift model now ! even if the stereo controls are better lol ( there feature in sterring wheel not undeneth as i keep turning it off lol)

yeah, i still like my g6r, it's not the fastest thing in the world but i like that people do a double take when they see a cool looking corolla. My father owns a car bodyshop so i can get heavy discount on parts and he'll get a kit fitted and sprayed for nothing.

I think the pre facelift cars look cool with a bodykit and leather would be nice too. I heard the supension setup was changed on the facelift to make it stiffer but are you happy enough with your handling?

I might try to find a low mileage 04 or 53 and get lots of goodies.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll let you know what i find.

Michael.

I think that's a pretty good price for a facelift model. Check it hasn't been mistreated or crashed.

You get lower springs and strut braces on the newer model, but if you put the TTE springs on the older one for a few hundred quid it will be lower.

The facelift seems to be mainly cosmetic, so you need to decide whether the difference in price justifies the looks.

Paul.

yeah, i still like my g6r, it's not the fastest thing in the world but i like that people do a double take when they see a cool looking corolla. My father owns a car bodyshop so i can get heavy discount on parts and he'll get a kit fitted and sprayed for nothing.

I think the pre facelift cars look cool with a bodykit and leather would be nice too. I heard the supension setup was changed on the facelift to make it stiffer but are you happy enough with your handling?

I might try to find a low mileage 04 or 53 and get lots of goodies.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll let you know what i find.

Michael.

thanks phil but I'm afraid 9000 is my limit and i really want a black one.

Appreciate you letting me know.

good luck , there was a few about when we were looking , havent had mine a month yet !

and yes im very happy with the handling , its nice to still feel under control but with added fun !

thanks, I've set up an alert on autotrader to get them emailed to me. I'm going to keep looking and buy on eat the start of januray because I'm told dealer prices should drop.

Two more benefit of the facelift car are the 70- 80mph or so exhaust boom through the cabin has gone and the steering wheel adjusts for reach too .

When i was looking to buy a Tsport I read alot about them and there's a few things I read that made me decide to buy the facelift model, one they have refined the inside less rattles better fitting stereo and a few other minor niggles.

Obviously they look a little different but also there are a few things to improve the handling there's a strut as standard and I read somewhere the older T-Sport took more turns of the steering wheel to go from lock to lock the new one from what i've read is better...

I haven't however driven an older T Sport so have no experiance and can't compare but i've had my facelift model for over a year now and i'm very impressed with it, its getting faster all the time as the engine beds in and I made a few mods (Blitz air filter and a Sports Cat) and that improved the mid range, i'm getting about 34-36 Mpg and its as happy doing 20mph in town as it is 100mph on a nice A-Road well chuffed.... :group-cuddles:

yeah. I think I'm going to try and get a facelift model in black. I've been told to wait until january because the used prices will drop being a new year. Is this true?

Also because I'm in Northern Ireland I will most likely have to fly across to the mainland to get one. Because of this I'm thinking it would have to be a dealer. If I did find one privately can you guys recommend anything that might make it safer for me?

Thanks again.

Hi, I've just registered. I had a look through the forums but couldn't find the answer to all my questions. I have a black 99 G6R and want to sell it and get a corolla tsport. I like the 04 facelfit model because of the styling changes and kit on it. Can you tell me if there are any other changes besides the external styling?

Thanks. michael.

Don't do it! worst car I've ever had and then some! F...... *******!!!

why is it the worst car? Most other people seem to be pleased with theirs?

im quiet shocked at that comment as not only am i a happy t-sport owner i thought most people are too , they may not be the best car ever made , and always room for inprovement but to say its the worst car ever and not give reasons bit harsh aint it !

• 4 weeks later...

ok, My patience has been stretched and January is almost here.

Been keeping an eye on autotrader and seen some nice ones come and go.

Question is. I am almost certainly going to have to fly to the mainland and buy my car and then drive it home to Northern Ireland. Can anyone recommend dealers that they like that would be likely to have Tsports. I'm worried about private sales because I would be flying over to see the car and then buying same day.

Any advice would be cool.

Michael.

Can anyone recommend dealers that they like that would be likely to have Tsports. I'm worried about private sales because I would be flying over to see the car and then buying same day.

Michael.

Why not try the sites of the dealers, they list all of their stock online :thumbsup:

clicky

Can anyone recommend dealers that they like that would be likely to have Tsports. I'm worried about private sales because I would be flying over to see the car and then buying same day.

Michael.

I went to England on the ferry, my pal wouldnt fly.took the train to Manchester,hired a car,(toyota) of course.and drove around.Now i just didnt go round on a goose chase,i done my research made phone calls and planned where i was going. Had a list of 7 cars in a fifty mile area and got a route planned so not to drive round in circles.Ended up buying the third one as was a minter,celica GT 2.0 with 83k and toyota history.Even had a day to spare as the ferry was booked for the next day.So went on the ripp as you do when u get away.so what ever money i saved by buying private i blew on the night out,but it was fun.Moral of the story plan where you are going and give yourself a few choices.And stay out of the bars. :thumbsup:

Thanks Liam, Thats helpful.

I think I can stretch to £9500 and maybe a little more if I wait a few more months. I'm still worried about not being able to buy the facelift. There seems to be so many changes that would make it better and I would be keeping this car for ages. I think I will continue to wait until I see a facelift model at the right price. My g6r is black and I was going to get another black car but i really like the alsace granite colour and as far as I know it only comes in the facelift model.

Decisions decisions.

M.

• 5 weeks later...

Been looking and looking and starting to think a 02 or 03 is more realistic. My main concern is the exhaust boom and steering differences. Does the exhaust boom go away with a tte exhaust and does anyone know how the steering ratio compares to a 99 g6r. If the ratios are similar I wouldn't be too bothered.

Thanks. M.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links