Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do I Spend Or Don't I

Nick SR

Really not sure whether i want to keep the yaris or not once i am done at uni!

Like doing little cheapish mods at the moment but i would with whatever car i owned :)

I would like the car to look something like this, low, subtle noise, and improved handling

YarisChopChop.jpg

Is it worth doing stuff too or am i just losing money when i get rid?

Nick

you will lose money on the car anyway, depending on how long you leave it. You can always sell the mods and sell the car as standard to make more money.

If you sold the car modded you either sell it where someone will pay for the extra mods, or sell it as a loss.

When I sold my previous car it was modded and I was told it's only a small market place for modded cars.

Really not sure whether i want to keep the yaris or not once i am done at uni!

Same problem as me. Im not sure whether to spend and go for a having a turbo fitted next year or not spend and get a new car next year and mod that to hell!

I'm in the same boat as you 2 guys. I'm selling up and getting a new car! :D  :thumbsup:

Well when you do Ryan, let me have your suspension!! You know you want to! :thumbsup:

you will lose money on the car anyway, depending on how long you leave it. You can always sell the mods and sell the car as standard to make more money.

If you sold the car modded you either sell it where someone will pay for the extra mods, or sell it as a loss.

When I sold my previous car it was modded and I was told it's only a small market place for modded cars.

Very true.... not many people will want to buy a modded car so you're limiting your buying audience...

Thats why my "mods" are easily removeable for when I sell up! :thumbsup:

ive alway liked you car lad, it will be sad to see her leave

Well when you do Ryan, let me have your suspension!!

Only for the right price of course! I'll be in no hurry to sell them really! :)

As has been said above - a modified car is a lot harder to sell than a standard one.

You want the raw truth, spending mods on your car is money down the drain.

If your sensible, and keep the orignal parts - when you come to sell your car, you can return it back to standard, which is reccomended, and if your lucky, you may recoup a small percentage of your spend back in selling the parts second hand.

However, i would reccomend trawling through the For Sale pages of here first, for two reasons.

1. You can see what mods are easy to sell on, and those that arnt.

2. You can see if you can buy your stuff second hand, thus limiting the amount of money down the drain.

Look at it the same way as playing the stock market - only gamble money you can afford to lose - so whatever you do get back, is a bonus.

If your sensible, and keep the orignal parts - when you come to sell your car, you can return it back to standard, which is reccomended, and if your lucky, you may recoup a small percentage of your spend back in selling the parts second hand.

Never a truer word spoken. I've kept all my original parts and will only leave my TTE spoiler on when I go to sell but thats a Toyota part really (well a TTE part)! :thumbsup:

Did I just agree with Fidgits? :P

Only things I don't have are my 13" steelies and exhaust. Have everything else (springs, lights, seats, bonnets, grill etc) and am searching for some other standard bits for when i come to sell