Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lowbudgetrav4

popwud

Looking for a rav4 5dr for about £3500...its going to be old, :rolleyes: but any suggestions as to what to avoid and what to go for would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Ello mate. Have a look at the top of the 4x4 section, there is a seperate rav4 forum there where it would be worth re-posting this message. Most people completely miss the 4x4 section now.

Anyway, with any luck and a bit of searching you may just find a 1998 facelifted mk1 model for that money with high mileage. I'm sure other people will join in, but there aren't any major problems with them. Check the obvious things like that the gearbox works ok (they are notchy) and that the servicing has ben kept up. Aim for one with aircon if you can, they get a bit hot! alloys and the wide arches look nice, and can be found on quite a few facelifted special editions. They aren't the most refined of cars though, so not fantastic for blasting up and down the motorway.

You after a short or long wheelbase model? :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply Stuart :thumbsup:......appreciate the points you've raised....it would mainly be used for towing so speeding up and down motorways will not be a problem....I thought the 5dr was a long wheelbase. :)

:D Shoot! Sorry, shows how much attention I pay. Never noticed the 5 door bit!! :lol:

Actually I bought mine up notts.

Yeah, that's mine in the Avatar. Am very pleased with it, seems well built. It's done 100k miles now and the engine is as smooth as it probably was when new.

My only issue was that they aren't really refined. I've done extensive rear end soundproofing now though and it's really improved things. I'll be doing more though to get it better. Expect about 25-30 mpg. I constantly do A road and motorway driving, and it still only manages 30 tops. Which isn't too bad considering the weight and how high the ride height is. It's good to drive and handles well though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links