Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Do U Reset Ecu On A T Sport

evil_yo

hello

i have used the search function and it doesnt give a proper answer on how to reset the ECU on a t sport. I been reading about how u have to take out a particular fuse out for a few seconds but i dont know which one. I dont want to disconnect the Battery because i got a clifford alarm and iam not sure if i disconnect the Battery it may play havoc with it.

reason i want to reset it is because th eengine management light popped up and i want to try this method b4 i take the car to mr T and play £40 for a diagnosis :o

cheers

Zebidi knows what to do with this.....................he was resetting his ECU when I left the Oxford meet last weekend......you could try sending him a PM :thumbsup:

I dont want to disconnect the battery because i got a clifford alarm and iam not sure if i disconnect the battery it may play havoc with it.

He did not want to disconnect the Battery because of the Clifford alarm.................so how can it be done without disconnecting the Battery??

hello

disconnecting the Battery is not an option. this may play havox with my clifford alarm.

cheers for the suggestion, i will pm the guy

take out the ecu fuse . press brake pedal to dissapate any 12v power left in system should do it.

which is the ECU fuse?

is this located in the fuse box under the sterring wheel or in the engine bay?

Zebidi had the fuse out of the fusebox in the engine bay (nearside)

I got this info off the lads over on the OZ Echo website awhile ago and it does work I have to reset mine every once and a while.

1. Right start the car for 30 seconds and then turn off

2. Take the key out of the ignition and remove the 15A fuse shown in the pic.

3. With the fuse out re-insert the key and try and start the engine for 5-10 second, don`t worry it will not start.

4. remove the key again from the ignition again and replace the fuse and then start the car, all should be ok. The light will stay off unless there is a fault which after 3-5 starting the car the light will come back on. If it does then you have a problem somewhere in the car and will need to get it fixed. If ya need anymore help just ask, try this and tell us how you got on I might have a few more things for you to try

120_2045.jpg

USE THE PULLER lol

smart little thing hehe

i started with the internal fuse box.. no puller there.. i was shouting all around how toyota didnt put one in..

then i saw the one in the bay..

cmon toyota ..put 2 PULLERS!

hehe

thats the fuze i blew!!!

it may not be the same in the TS (never had the good luck to own one), thats where it is in mine and i`m 99.99% in a Jap 1.3 aswell :thumbsup:

just disconnect the batt for 5 mins ;)

Hey Earpl, can't it be a little dangerous?? A friend of mine by replacing a Daewoo Matiz's batt at home, it ended up by resetting air bag programming :lol: and the airbag light kept always on :P

Nah - the way that my braket attaches to the apexi to keep it in place means I need to remove the Battery to clean it - must have moved it say 4 or five times without incident.

The airbag warning light only comes on when the airbag loop is broken - for instance when I changed my front seats I had the light on until I got some cancellers from TRD.

just disconnect the batt for 5 mins ;)

Hey Earpl, can't it be a little dangerous?? A friend of mine by replacing a Daewoo Matiz's batt at home, it ended up by resetting air bag programming :lol: and the airbag light kept always on :P

you awnsered you own question Daewoo Matiz

and Em don`t start i know your family like them :P

• 1 month later...

i have used the search function and it doesnt give a proper answer on how to reset the ECU on a t sport. I been reading about how u have to take out a particular fuse out for a few seconds but i dont know which one. I dont want to disconnect the battery because i got a clifford alarm and iam not sure if i disconnect the battery it may play havoc with it.

reason i want to reset it is because th eengine management light popped up and i want to try this method b4 i take the car to mr T and play £40 for a diagnosis :o

Do you know why or the reason behind your Engine Management light coming on? :wacko:

i have used the search function and it doesnt give a proper answer on how to reset the ECU on a t sport. I been reading about how u have to take out a particular fuse out for a few seconds but i dont know which one. I dont want to disconnect the battery because i got a clifford alarm and iam not sure if i disconnect the battery it may play havoc with it.

Do you know why or the reason behind your Engine Management light coming on? :wacko:

mine is from decat. fitted a bypasser resistor today, see if it stays off now

I dont want to disconnect the battery because i got a clifford alarm and iam not sure if i disconnect the battery it may play havoc with it.

He did not want to disconnect the Battery because of the Clifford alarm.................so how can it be done without disconnecting the Battery??

If the alarm set in valet mode it will be fine.

• 1 year later...

Did some searching, found this from a while back...

In the pic above, if I pull this fuse to reset the ECU, how long should I wait before reconnecting the fuse and starting the car again?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links