Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alternative Audio Sources For A Yaris Cd...

Mattif

I'm the proud owner of a brand new Yaris, and I'm full of questions. The most pressing is what I'm going to ask today. I have read the numerous threads in this forum about how to add a completely new unit, but I had something else in mind.

Is it possible to attach, for example rca cables, to the CD-player in the Yaris? The idea would be to have a stereo jack or two rcas hanging for example out the ash/coin tray. I would use these to plug in a mp3 player.

Since the player supports some CD-changers, I would imagine that it would be possible to "fool" the player and hook anything up to it. Seen this done in a bmw, plug in the mp3 player and hit the CD/tape button, http://jeff.quartzcomm.com/bmw/e46mp3/

Any ideas? I'd appreciate any help :help:

I would imagine you could do it as anything's possible :)

you should try and talk to Steve Ratcliffe or VTRick, they're more technically knowledgable than me B)

• 2 weeks later...

I've just bought an interface from the USA to allow you to do this - i'm currently awaiting its arrival. I'll let you know how I get on!

EDIT: Here's a link to the TOY-AUX interface - the company themselves don't know if it will work in a Yaris and they won't ship to the UK anyway - i've managed to 'obtain' one though...as I said, i'll let you know how I get on!

Techno

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a FYI, i received the TOY-AUX interface today and its now fitted and working perfectly. I can press the CD/TAPE button and get an AUX input to the OE headunit, which then displays CD 1-

Works fine with my mStation MP3 jukebox and the sound quality is FAR superior to the FM modulator that i was using originally. I know of a way to obtain these interfaces (only available in the US) so if anyone wants more information, please feel free to email me at technoATfsmailDOTnet (replacing AT and DOT as necessary).

This is the interface:

toyaux.JPG