Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Turbo

badassturbo

Hi all,

I have decided I want to go for something different amongst my mates ans they've got cosworths, turbo's etc etc.

I was speaking to a guy that recommended an MR2 turbo and have now got that stuck in my head.

Now all I need is some info from you guys in the KNOW!!

What spec's, what do you think reliability/driveability/handling....

What engine mods/what mods are capable of what bhp increase......

I've never been into Toyota's up till now so can you impress me????

Cheers for any feedback :thumbsup:

There are loads of threads on here to do with 1st time buyers, Turbos, N/A 's

Basically, you have 5 revisons of Mr2 MK2, REV1 - 5 improvements at everyone !

you have the tubby, and the N/A

GT, GTS, Glimited

GT is the 1/2 leathers air con etc

GTS is the lighter car, cloth seats less mod cons !

The g-Limited is fully liaded (But n/a only)

REV 1/ 2 use have a ct26 turbo, and run 220hp standard i think

REV 3+ use the same engine basically, use a ct20b turbo, and run 245 standard. (have biger injectors and other mods too !")

you have t-bars, sunroofs, tim tops and all.

tuning to 300bp is a pretty good aim, and stock internals are strong, and can handle more than that !

you wont regret buying one, they are fast, and good fun, but a bit dangerous in the wet if you abuse it "!!

loads of mods and kits...........enjoy

speaking from someone whose just bought one in the last 4 months,

its the best and most fun car I have ever owned :) very rewarding but will punish if you push it too far, have to be very sensible in this crap weather too but its gorgeous, its got style and power :) perfect :thumbsup:

I say go for it mate, my friends have varying fords and I like to be a bit different :)

you dont need any convinceing at all... you need to drive one :yes: . find a tubby at a dealers wholl let you properly test drive it.

just take care like the other peeps have said if you go out in one at this time of year :D

It's a proper drivers car. Like the old Porkers Mid engined Rear wheel drive. You'll love the sound of the engine when it's behind you. Especially if you get an Apexi induction kit on (£120ish, £45 for replacement filters).

There's plenty of mods too. For as little as £40 you can add an extra 40-50bhp with a Fuel Cut Defencer and a Manual Boost Controller.

There are loads of body kits out there, such as Veilside or Bomex.

The Rev2 had an LSD as an optional extra (N/A on the Rev1), and the Rev 3 onwards I beleive has one as standard. Personally I prefer not to have one, cos it's more fun.

The T-Bar is wicked in the summer, but can tend to leak a little bit when it's raining tho. The center console with all the gear cables etc in makes you feel really snug and secure and makes a perfect arm rest whilst your hand is on the gearstick. Pop-up headlights are pretty cool too. The Turbo models are all imports so they should have a square numberplate at the back, if not then it might have been in a rear ender or be a UK MR2 with a turbo transplant. Make sure it's got a fog light too, as these weren't required in Japan. (Does it not get foggy in Japan then?)

You'd have great fun obliterating Scoobies, BMW's (cos they won;t realise it's a Turbo until it's too late), and not to mention boy racers in their Saxo's, 106's, Clio's etc (sorry for swearing on the forum).

Heres a link to some more info. http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/kb.php?mode=article&k=49

get one, you'll love it. i've had my rev 1 turbo for almost 4 years and my rev 3 turbo for about 7 months.

rev 3 onwards is pretty easy to get to 300bhp flywheel figure with simple mods

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links