Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3s-fe Engine Information

Rav4newboy

I need to purchase a replacement secondhand 3s-fe engine or cylinder head assembly for my 1998 Rav4, can anyone advise me of the history of these engines so that I can ascertain which years of car I can safely purchase from?

I saw a picture of an engine from a 1997 Rav 4 which appeared to be quite different in the area at the top of the cambelt and I saw a picture of an engine from a 1992 Celica which was the same in that area as my engine.

Can anyone help with technical info so that I know what to look for?

I need to purchase a replacement secondhand 3s-fe engine or cylinder head assembly for my 1998 Rav4, can anyone advise me of the history of these engines so that I can ascertain which years of car I can safely purchase from?

I saw a picture of an engine from a 1997 Rav 4 which appeared to be quite different in the area at the top of the cambelt and I saw a picture of an engine from a 1992 Celica which was the same in that area as my engine.

Can anyone help with technical info so that I know what to look for?

The other modelS that shares the same engine is the 1994 to 1998 celica japanese domestic import model.

In japan the celica had several engine choices, the model called an SS-I, which is a 2.0 139 bhp 3S-FE,so should be compatible with your engine :) .

Just done some checking , the UK Toyota Picnic also had a 3S-FE fitted , also Toyota Camry 2.0 1983 to 1994 :thumbsup:

There was a complete 3S-FE for sale on that auction site beginning with an E the other day, should still be there. It was out of a Rav4 with 80k on the clock or sommat like that.

There was a complete 3S-FE for sale on that auction site beginning with an E the other day, should still be there.  It was out of a Rav4 with 80k on the clock or sommat like that.

Api engines in Manchester ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links