Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T4 Spirit Sat Nav Is Out Of Date

PetePrius

I bought my Prius in July and the satnav is pretty good but clearly very out of date. I have checked the CD version and it is latest published by Toyota but clearly must be at least 2 years old as the M6 toll is not covered - opened 9 Dec 2003.

Toyota tell me to get lost with my problem and have no idea when they plan to publish a new CD which will mark M6. Anyone know how to bring pressure on them to review this?

This is a common complaint.

They do issue new DVDs 1 or 2 times a year, but it'll cost you a maybe a couple of hundred pounds for the privilege. What version have you got, by the way?

You should register the complaint with Toyota GB head office to make sure it gets logged. They're reliant on their nav system providers (Aisin?), but they should be nagging them about this. It will be affecting all Toyotas/Lexuses fitted with this nav system, not just Priuses.

I upgraded the DVD in my GS430 a few months back, and that disk DOES show the M6 Toll.

You have to set your optins to permit travel on restricted roads to be routed via it.

Clearly they have the mapping data to include the toll road, they must just not have gotten around to creating a CD version yet

I upgraded the DVD in my GS430 a few months back, and that disk DOES show the M6 Toll.

You have to set your optins to permit travel on restricted roads to be routed via it.

I have just tried this, but it still does not show as a route nor on the map.

However strangely the CD half knows about the road. When I drive the route, its shows you going across fields but dsiplays the words 'M6 toll'!!!

Pete

This is a problem for all manufactures; you see they have to pay the governments of the countries for the rights to use the OS maps. So the more up to date the map the more it costs, so it’s a cost issue. if more people bought more sat nav systems for the Prius then Toyota can justify paying the extra cost for a more up to date map, so until then I afraid there is nothing you can do. you shoud live in Ireland if go by my sat nav i drive all of the time across fields, now i know and ye know my Yaris is no 4x4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links