Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Spare Tyre

wahashimi

Hi,

Left work about 8pm and its pitch black, and my tyre is completely flat.

Replaced it, but I dont have enough time in the morning to go to Kwik Fit.

So I wanted to ask, that scrawny little wheel, how long can I keep it on the car in terms of safety?

Its tuesday night at the moment, can I keep it and drive the car until this saturday?

Also, my driving does not go above 50 MPH due to London traffic in the morning on the A40/A406

Thanks in advance guys

take care

peace

I had a flat before as well.

If I remember correctly, so long as you dont exceed 60mph; according to user the manual or along the side of the spare tyre it mentions it.

When i put the spare on, I drove very cautiously.

It should be alright tho, so long as you dont drive above 60mph.

if i was you i would get it replaced asap because the tyre is only designed to

get you to the garage im sure the max speed limit on the space saver is only 40 mph too

if i was you i would get it replaced asap because the tyre is only designed to

get you to the garage im sure the max speed limit on the space saver is only 40 mph too

correct

its there for one reason and thats to get you and the car to safety, i would not recommend driving on it anywhere!

kinda on the same subject did you ever put 4 space saver on a car and race it off road, i`ll tell ya its some craic.

as for you question yea change it asap, i think for normal road use they are so crap and dangerous

Ok.. the law on this states that a tyre of a different size across an axle is for emergency use only, you are not allowed to go over 50mph and drive no greater distance than 65 miles.

The speed limit will be on the tyre or there will be a sticker on the wheel (normally says 80kph) as for the distance, unless the police tail you for 65 miles, they won't know how far you have travelled on it. The spacesaver tyre doesn't have much tread on it, so keep mileage to a minimum, they are really expensive to replace, however should you ever need to replace it, go to the scrapyard... full size wheels may not fit properly in the spare wheel compartment with that plastic holder for the wheel key etc.

Its a very soft compound lasts little to no time and the police will still do you when it goes under 1.6mm which wont take long.

Yeah space savers are rubbish! dont like em!.... the MR2 actually has enough space to fit a full size tyre in the front, and apparently comes with a screw thingy to hold it in (so you get two screw thingys.. one for space saver and a longer one for normal )

I guess they put the *****ty one in there to keep weight down.... tho I wonder... if I bought another set of alloys.. whether it would be an idea to keep an old one and keep it in there :P lol..... *shrugs

I guess the Yaris compartment isnt big enough tho...

I would get it sorta asap... as peeps said... its not worth the hassle if owt goes wrong :thumbsup:

What size are your rear tyres JJ?.. it wouldn't be the first time that someone in an MR2 has had to put on the spare and put the rear wheel on the passenger seat.. wouldn't fancy being a passenger at the time. I've seen it happen with tyres of 225's in width. The wheel goes in, but the hood doesn't close.

Actually Davy.... my rear tyres are 225/50/15s... my fronts 205/50/15s...

The bit under the bonnet will prolly take a front wheel+tyre but not a rear.. too wide methinks...

However... I ahve been told that if you get a flat/problem with a rear tyre you shouldnt put the pants spacesaver one on as its a driven wheel... and its better to put a front on the back and a spacesaver on the front.... or sommat...

either way you are still left with a knackered rear and yeah.. prolly would have to go on passengers lap ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links