Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 In Winter

daviesm

Hi,

As this is my first winter with a RAV, I wondered if there are any tips for the season?

I checked with my dealer who said that my servicing is up to date so I shouldn't have to worry about anything until the service due next year.

Are there any things (Other than normal fluid top-up/tyre pressures etc.) that other RAV owners would recommend, or have had to do in the past for the cold weather?

Cheers,

Mal

Hi,

As this is my first winter with a RAV, I wondered if there are any tips for the season?

I checked with my dealer who said that my servicing is up to date so I shouldn't have to worry about anything until the service due next year.

Are there any things (Other than normal fluid top-up/tyre pressures etc.) that other RAV owners would recommend, or have had to do in the past for the cold weather?

Cheers,

Mal

This is our second winter with the RAV. I'm looking to put on some proper winter tyres this year. But we get a bit more snow and ice in Aberdeenshire than you do down there.

Last year we didn't do anything and it coped very well with what we had. It was a pretty mild winter, but mild up here is probably still as bad as you'll get :) so I wouldn't worry about it.

Cheers,

Andy

It's a Toyota, you need not worry!!

:lol:

Well said and 100% correct. Even the oldest of Toyota's, as long as they have been serviced at the correct times, will have no problems at all with the winter weather.

I used to have an old Corolla, came out one morning to -6 degrees and it started first time. Next door had a 2 year old Ford in a garage, it wouldn't start. He wasn't pleased, especially after telling me not to bother trying to start mine. It made my day :D

My top tip, is really for any car. Give it a good old scrub and stick 2 really good coats of wax on. Yes, it makes the water run off, but that is a good thing if it get cold enough to freeze. This week I laughed at the cars with ice on after it rained then iced up!

Also, if you are going to run the car for a few mins before driving to clear the windscreen, use the engine idle speed button to raise the revs. It heats the car up quicker!

(Is it common knowledge about using the air condition button to quickly clear the windscreen?)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links