Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Porsche 928

aj3001

To : http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/image/2192004165225.jpg

Porsche's Front-Engine GT

After stirring up the faithful by doing the unthinkable (building the Cayenne SUV), Porsche is looking to add another model to its lineup that may appease a certain subset of Porschephiles, those long-ignored fans of the 928. Porsche has made no secret that it wants to use its V-8 engine developed for the Cayenne in other models, and a return to a front-engine V-8 2+2 GT, or even a 4-door sedan, is in the cards.

The new Porsche 2+2 would allow the Stuttgart factory to battle back against Aston Martin's DB9 and Ferrari's 612 Scaglietti. Porsche's twin-turbo V-8 would likely pump out 450-500 bhp and deliver that power to all four wheels. Sources say the platform for this car may come from the VW Group, with many pieces common to the Bentley Continental GT, which would help keep costs down.

What does everyone think?

Always been a fan of the 928 ever since Chase HQ was introduced as a video game at the local youth club with Vanilla Ice playing in the background!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Do like the look of the new one... as long as it stays that way for production. Be interesting to see what it does to sales across their range.

Clarkson loves the old 928....

I must admit I do too... but I'd prefer an old M6 ;)

Noooooooo, I don't like 928's! :!Removed!:

My big cousin used to have one and when I was young (about 5, probably) he was taking the exhaust off it and I was under the car watching and it fell on my face/mouth and chipped my front tooth (hardly noticeable thankfully)! :)

Anyway, he took me for a run in it to cheer me up and it certainly done that! :D :thumbsup:

The new 1 looks uber cool! :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links