Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Limited Slip Diff.

happyjack

I know that the Mk2 Rav NRG and VX both have limited slip diffs but can anyone clarify which diff?

Front?

Rear?

Both?

HJ

Pretty sure it is just rear, but wait for confirmation from somebody who knows what they are talking about :)

Cheers,

Andy

This got dropped for the 2004-2005 Model year ( Mk2.5)

src, out of interest, do you know why the dropped it for 2004?

When the 2004 model year (Mk2.5) was introduced Toyota on the 5 Door Models (XT4) introduced Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Traction Control (TRC), Basically a cheaper electronic replacment for the LSD. Of course the RAV4 5 Door XT5/XTR also have VSC and TRC.

When the 2004 model year (Mk2.5) was introduced Toyota on the 5 Door Models (XT4) introduced Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Traction Control (TRC), Basically a cheaper electronic replacment for the LSD. Of course the RAV4 5 Door XT5/XTR also have VSC and TRC.

Ah money, the root of all.........

What about the three door XT3 then, that doesn't have TC and VSC, surely it still has a limited slip diff the?

I believe UK spec 3 Door RAV4's (MK2.5) don't get the option of VSC and TRC, But I am sure the when the MK2 RAV4 was launched the 3 Door on the NRG models did have LSD.

And any base model like the old RAV4 NV and RAV4 XT3 model will never get goodies like VSC,TRC and LSD. That's why we pay extra money for the XT4 model !!!! :)

Going by a Toyota press pack i have, the rear LSD was available on all petrol models as an option :) .

In the the E-brochure on the Toyota UK Site for the current model there’s a diagram pointing to the rear of the car and its labelled ‘Torque Sensing Limited slip Differential’ and that it improves Standing starts, acceleration and stability, its doesn’t mention any specific model so I assume its available on the whole range.

Is this an improvement over LSD or is it another form of it?

Got the presspack as well, But in reality only 3 Door NRG and 5 Door VX RAV4's came with the rear LSD in the UK.

I went digging into all my brochures and press stuff last night, seems the LSD doesn't get much of a mention anywere ;) .