Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We're Getting Our Xbox 360.....

Demonic Angel

.....game!

Yep - thats right - we're getting the game we ordered but not the console - they can't guarantee us one before Christmas! :rolleyes:

They've basically told us that if we dont get one on the 2nd December launch date, we wont get one at all til the New Year.... this is play.com btw

Which is fine, its not a Christmas present, just a toy for Rich, but whats the point in dispatching the game without a console to play it on? :rolleyes:

.....game!

Yep - thats right - we're getting the game we ordered but not the console - they can't guarantee us one before Christmas!  :rolleyes:

They've basically told us that if we dont get one on the 2nd December launch date, we wont get one at all til the New Year.... this is play.com btw

Which is fine, its not a Christmas present, just a toy for Rich, but whats the point in dispatching the game without a console to play it on?  :rolleyes:

Hehe ........ got the same problem here too <_< !

lol well we took pre orders at work for the full x box 360 with hard drive for release on launch day. guess wot? we got a memo come thru today sayin that there is a problem at microsoft with them and we can not gaurantee them for launch day. now imagin wot it was like phone all the poeple on the pre order list and tellin them that :ffs:

I'm wanting one of these, but gonna hold out till early next year. don't think I'll be able to get one until then anyway!!!??!

pawn another pile of low grade PCs off to the masses! nice one Bill ;)

(never have been a fan of the eggbox :P )

lol well we took pre orders at work for the full x box 360 with hard drive for release on launch day. guess wot? we got a memo come thru today sayin that there is a problem at microsoft with them and we can not gaurantee them for launch day. now imagin wot it was like phone all the poeple on the pre order list and tellin them that :ffs:

Play have said that to me all along - their stock is first come first serve and I didnt order til October so the liklehood always was, I wouldnt get one immediately....

But Sony made sure it could fulfill all pre-orders for the PS2.....

I remember having to tell people they couldn't have one of them though - to say they were slightly displeased is an understatement - I even had one guy threaten to jump the counter and take the store machine! :eek:

pawn another pile of low grade PCs off to the masses! nice one Bill ;)

(never have been a fan of the eggbox :P )

i agree :!Removed!:

There are murmers that the PS3 will be delayed .. aparently a batch of 100 were made and they all overheaded and broke.

*apparently* Sony sacked the entire PS3 team ..

Trouble is, it's got more powerful cpu and graphics, but the games seem to be just slightly better looking versions of previous ones. Where is the innovation in gameplay?

That's what the industry needs really.

Paul.

Just to let you know, if you've pre-ordered from PC World, they are in stock already......

.... BUT they are only getting enough stock to cover half the pre-orders......... :rolleyes:

I spotted one in currys the other night and im not a fan of it at all, but it could be the fact our last one broke <_<

Trouble is, it's got more powerful cpu and graphics, but the games seem to be just slightly better looking versions of previous ones.  Where is the innovation in gameplay?

That's what the industry needs really.

Paul.

Looks like most of the games so far are ports that don't utilize the machine's abilities, not that a game that's great in its own right would need to. I thought something exclusive like Halo (3?!!) would be launched with it.

I considered waiting at the door to the shop on launch day, but there doesn't seem to any reason to hurry. Might be worth waiting to see what the PS3 looks like. Anyone know if you have to buy an 'Advanced Scart' this time to get RGB or is the 360 ready to go out of the box?

Oh, and Ms. Angel. I believe I was unduly inflammatory and outspoken the other day whilst trying to press a point of view and sincerely wish to apologize for any distress caused (sorry). Late night, seasonal depression, other things bugging me... I really don't know what came over me. :( Most of the time I'm quite nice...

Oh, and Ms. Angel. I believe I was unduly inflammatory and outspoken the other day whilst trying to press a point of view and sincerely wish to apologize for any distress caused (sorry). Late night, seasonal depression, other things bugging me... I really don't know what came over me.  :(  Most of the time I'm quite nice...

Thats really quite alright... I was having a really bad day myself - you really didnt offend me though - it was obviously that time of the month for me! :group-cuddles:

Well, we've had no email from Play so I reckon we definitely dont have one then.... :(

:group-cuddles:

Maybe you could be first to the shops tomorrow, get one, cancel your other order and give someone a Christmas surprise?

Fat chance mate....

You can't buy them in a shop for love nor money - its pre-orders only for most places....

Although I hear Tesco will stock them but I doubt they'll have enough for me and the million other people wanting them..... :rolleyes:

I think Tesco and Asda have stock and don't take preorders.... Problem is loads of other people think that too and apparently some have been queueing for hours waiting to get one at midnight lol.

The current iteration of games are more or less just the current gen versions with better graphics, it'll take a little while before anyone has time to take advantage of anything else the 360 has to offer. I doubt it'll ever be a complete reinvention of gameplay though, games cost too much to develop these days for many companies to be able to take that kind of risk.

I have to agree with some peeps on the fact that gaming hasnt really moved on in the last couple of years, it needs a big leap again - like when the playstation came out - caused quite a stir

whats the point in buying any of these consols when the next week they have lauched a newer version? (maybe im just getting too old for that - the days have gone of spending 8 hours straight on resident evil :P oh those were the days :D)

I agree Tegan - Playstation was so revolutionary in its day....

But then, what else can they do to new consoles that they dont already? I mean online gaming, wireless networking, impressive graphics.... the only thing they dont do is make you a cup of tea! :lol:

Maybe thats the next gimmick.... XBox 360TC (TC standing for Tea & Coffee!) :lol:

hehe I was down my local 24hour tescos with my mate last night...... to try and get him an xbox :) well about 40people turned up with the same idea :eek:

well my huge local tescos only got 2.... ended up with us all putting all our names in a hat and having the lucky peeps drawn out :D was very funny!!!

I spoke to the manager there and he said tescos had had to split 3000 xbox 360's between 700 stores....

oh and my local 24hr Asda didnt even get any, severe shortage Bill.....

Folk are selling them on eBay for up to $1000+ in the States....

Easy way to make a quick buck - get one, then sell it for double or triple what you bought it for - I wonder how many British ones are already on eBay....

OMG - theres loads! :o

yeah - but look how many are scams...

I've seen Xbox 360 boxes going for £500 (no 360, just the box)

Email addresses for Xbox 360's etc...

unfortunatley, things like this always bring the roaches out... I just wish someone would stamp on them!

Mid January wait for me <_< !

Thinking of canceling my online order as they will no doubt be cheaper when they eventually hit the shops in a good months time after christmas!

I can wait :help: !

Looks like I'll being going to PC World or Curry's everyday to play on Call of Duty :D !

If anyone wants one, I've got an xbox 360 sat right in front of me.

Mmmmmmmmm green box :lol:

We are going really selling it tho, and I'm open to sensible offers before it goes on egay..... :D