Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help With Seo

lifeinthe208

IM new here and i own a 93 paseo with a 5efe engine. I want to buy some perforance parts but I dont know where to start, and ther isn't much aftermarket support for a Seo. If anyone could give me some websites and advice that would be great.

depends what you want to do. I can guarantee you that you'll not be happy with the results, speed-wise, unless your last car was a geo storm. and maybe not even then. I would venture to say the word "performance" to describe a part for the 'seo is a bit of a stretch. anyway, what did you have in mind? your most useful site will be eBay, usually.

I would venture to say the word "performance" to describe a part for the 'seo is a bit of a stretch.

Would a huge bottle of nitrous oxide stretch to a performace part?

No, paseo still get whooped by a shivic vtac drove by my grandma

back to your original question, i'm new to the paseo game but i've found a few ideas.

FSE do a power boost valve for the paseo. Availible from motorsport world and the likes, around £85. http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk

OBX offer a 4-2-1 manifold new for about £200 to your door from usa. Not found any exhaust systems still in manufacture.

eBay.com (usa) offers a whole load of air intake kits for less than £50 to your door

You can put an Apexi AFC onto a paseo, it isnt in the instructions but it does wire in. ebay auction link, this is the vtec version

buypartsby.co.uk offer the KYB gas dampers at bargain prices, shipping is reasonable too. I've used these KYB's on a few cars now and they've done me well so far. motorsportworld.co.uk offer koni shocks for under £200 all round.

needforspeed.co.uk offer a full set of lowing springs for about £85 to your door. -40mm affair. They also offer greenstuff pads and black diamond disks at the right money.

theres a few quid spend

a fair few more could buy APEXI POWER FC and also the FC Commander hand controller. Not actually for the paseo but can be done. Then you can do what you want, throttle bodies, boost, hi tuned N/A etc

a few things i need to say about your post threepot:

a) fse boost valve is a pile of poo, its just a fuel pressure regulator

B) the quality on the obx manifolds is horrible

c) air intakes, kinda poo but fair do's, they're cheap

d) afc, you need to find someone who knows how to tune them

e) kyb's, they're standard replacements, get koni's

f) you cant use the power fc on a paseo, cause they don't make one for them

for paseo stuff, you're best off looking at eBay, nopionline, needforspeed.co.uk, motorsportworld.co.uk etc..

The best modification would be saving up for a 4e-fte conversion. Powerful, reliable and a good point for future tuning.

a few things i need to say about your post threepot:

a) fse boost valve is a pile of poo, its just a fuel pressure regulator

B) the quality on the obx manifolds is horrible

c) air intakes, kinda poo but fair do's, they're cheap

d) afc, you need to find someone who knows how to tune them

e) kyb's, they're standard replacements, get koni's

f) you cant use the power fc on a paseo, cause they don't make one for them

for paseo stuff, you're best off looking at ebay, nopionline, needforspeed.co.uk, motorsportworld.co.uk etc..

a) its not just a fuel pressure reg, its a rising rate fuel pressure reg. What else do you want a fuel pressure reg to do? Make fake dumpvalve sounds? Its adjustable, thats the reason i'd want it, control.

B) OBX are ok and cheap, manifolds tend to get damaged under the car anyway, why spend £350 on one. its easier to make a bad 4-1 than a 4-2-1, runner lengths are more important. In your eyes OBX are of poor quallity, i've fitted about 12-15 OBX manifolds on honda and I've been impressed with the welding and bending so far.

c) Induction kits, no argument, but i wouldnt pay £250 for the same pile of crap from Typhoon or K&N.

d) Apexi's need tuning obviously, same goes for the FSE. Anyone want their Apexi setting up, PM Me.

e) KYB offer the gas-a-just rears, they arnt' OEM replacements, but the Koni's are better

f) As I said in my first post, maybe they dont offer an ECU that comes in a box marked 96-98 Paseo 1.5, but I've been looking at the engine harness diagrams between the Starlett and Paseo, they are pretty much the same. Some people go beyond instructions, think outside the box.

I feel that after I spent 10 minutes trying to answer lifeinthe208 questrion, your reply has total underminded me, but no other tuning pointers.

wasnt trying to undermine yours, just stating little points. and tuning pointers, i just have too many that i cant be bothered, but in terms of engine tuning, andrew is right, go for the 4efte, its all you need, otherwise, he doesnt strike me as the kind of guy that wants to spend too much doing up his car so pretty much all the pointers given are suitable to his need

I'd love to try throttle bodies on my paseo. But first the compression needs increasing, the flywheel lightening, needs an underdrive pulley and an exhaust/ 4-2-1 manifold. It needs to rev easier. For the electrics I have a cosworth coil at hand, i've had the paseo dizzy off and I can convert it to an external coil very easily, new racing leads, plugs and dizzy/arm, and I also have an Apexi AFC and an FSE off my old CRX.

I swapped the IAT (intake air temp) sensor for a variable resistor at the weekend that I set to the same resistance as the IAT sensor after I left it in the frezer (-5deg or so), the car had quite a bit more power but it wouldnt start up very well, needs developement but I think I can build an apexi like module that connects to the throttle sensor, the more you put your foot down the ECU will be told the air is colder than it really is thus delivering more fuel and more ignition advance.

I noticed you've bought a different inlet manifold Riko acording to your user page, if you get round to swapping i'm interested in buying the original inlet manifold.

hey dude, the 5efhe manifold i sold again as im getting a cynos, which already has the 5efhe manifold, so unfortunately i won't have any for sale.

but yeah, id love to try lots of stuff for the cynos, its going to be a permanent project, in the end it will have a complete motec electronics system, higher cr, one off driveshafts etc...but thats way in the future.

but your plans sound interesting, gotta let us know how you advance on them. on the throttlebodies plan, its interesting because im assuming you could use the 4age itb's, then work your way around it, etc..

Wasn't thinking of using the itbs off a 4age, firstly i didnt know they had ITB's and secondly according to my gasket kit supplies catalogue, the only vehicals to share the same intake manifold flange design are the 5efe, 5efhe + 4efte. So any other manifold is a whole load of work to try to make fit. I'm think of using the original intake manifold, cut down to where it protudes from the flange; then 4 alloy tubes welded directly to it. Bike throttle bodies are the ones to use. Keep using stock injectors and ECU, i'll make a little box that tells the ECU what it wants to hear in order to make the car run, if I cant get results then move to new management.

something a little like this link on homebrewturbo