Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto Car Lock

prince

In the separate booklet regarding the Alarm system for the RAV4 it mentions that there is a facility where the car doors can look automatically when you start the car and then unlock when you switch off, but then it refers you to the Dealership.

Does anyone know if this is an ‘add on’ or does that have to be simply switched on by a technician?

It is a sequence of key and door turns/actions that you can do yourself, but obviously need to know the correct sequence!

I believe that this has been covered in the forum, but you'll need to search for it.

I've tried searching my self, as I'd be interested in being able to set this up, but I cannot find the details on how to.

If any one knows how could they please pass on the info?

Sorry, the best I could come up with was http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...uto++door++lock (And if sparkdog doesn't know how to do it, it probably can't be done!!)

There is a thread that explains how to disable the seatbelt warning bleep - I guess I got the threads confused.

I have also done some searches on the net, and closest I got was instructions regarding the US Models only, I tried a few but non work.

It’s also been suggested that the local dealership will do it, but for a minimum charge, this is seriously unfair to be charged for something that is at the end of the day just a minor function that only needs activating.

It’s also been suggested that the local dealership will do it, but for a minimum charge, this is seriously unfair to be charged for something that is at the end of the day just a minor function that only needs activating.

I agree. I wish items like this were listed so you can choose what you want and don't, especially when getting a car from new. Also, there are probably many other useful functions that no ones knows about because they are never listed!

I agree. I wish items like this were listed so you can choose what you want and don't, especially when getting a car from new. Also, there are probably many other useful functions that no ones knows about because they are never listed!

If you ask your dealer nicely he should do it for free. My dealer at twickenham was only to glad to help me FOC

It only took minutes but he was doing my car in between jobs. It auto locks the car doors when you turn the ignition on and all doors are shut. It does not work if any doors are open when you turn ignition on !!!!!!!!!

I had the car into the local dealer today and I asked him about the auot-lock feature albeit I described it as 'anti-hijacking'. Both the guy on reception and the service manager explained that it wasn't a feature on my car??? Which seems strange if someone has had their car set up by their local dealer.

I have to take the car back for the repair I originally went in with next Thursday so I am asking if people out there would ring their local dealer and enquire about this feature before then so I can take it up with them again. If any dealer says that it can be done be sure to ask what models it can be done on.

Lets try and clear this thread up once and for all.

Thanks

It would we great if we could find out how to do this - and just as importantly, how to undo it!

I wait with bated breath.

I scanned the Alarm manual that came with all the rest of the documents when I got the car a few weeks back,it’s in PDF; check out page 4 ‘System features’ No 3.

I would print this and take it to the dealer if there still adamant that it can’t be done.

Download Here

I scanned the Alarm manual that came with all the rest of the documents when I got the car a few weeks back, it’s in PDF; check out page 4 ‘System features’ No 3.

I would print this and take it to the dealer if there still adamant that it can’t be done. 

Download Here

Hi mate, just to let you know the file is in .txt format and not .pdf.

When I have looked through the docs I officially got with the car I couldn't find the alarm manual. However, there was a complete set of manuals tucked away in one of the rear compartments which I discovered after I bought it and it wasn't until i looked through these that I found the alarm manual and sure enough on page four it describes this anti-hijacking feature.

So much for the comments from the so called service manager.

I think that some dealer service dept's aren’t use to being asked about the function so they just assume customers are talking rubbish when some do ask about it.

I had the 'auto-lock' option turned on today by my local Toyota dealer. When I picked the car up (because it was in for a repair) I asked how it was done and it was explained that it is done through the dianostic software and it not something that can be done with key presses on the remote or anything like that.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links