Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1/4 Mile Times

__Nick__

Right, me n my mate have always had a thing about who has the faster car, long story, i'm sure none of you are that fussed!

Now, I obviously have better taste and want an MR2, him on the other hand wants a CRX, which i have recently discovered are speedy little buggers!

Was wonderin if any of you fancied showing off any 1/4 mile times you got? With a bit of luck might help me win this one!

:thumbsup:

I got a 13.525 @ 101mph with my old MR2 Turbo.

Only engine mods were an Apexi Induction kit and boost upped from 13 to 15.5Psi...

Plenty fast enough... :yes:

do you mean a turbo one mate or a n/a ? will help people tell you what they got on their runs :)

*** hehe just saw you posted that fizz ;) nice so thats my 1/4 then :thumbsup: hehe and yeah plenty fast enough

Not a clue with my NA im afraid.... but im sure there are plenty others that will come and let you know...

Failing that, if you look on IMOC I think they have a 1/4 mile table for their MR2s....

Early 15ish... maybe for the NA is i remember Luke aka MR2nut123 who i raced against a couple of times...

Now he has his tubby.. tis a shame as i would like to have shown him who's boss in that as well.. lol

I got a 15.8 this february (freezing cold track) on my first ever run at racing, I blew my clutch in the process LOL :crybaby:

and 1/4 times mean bugger all regarding who has the faster car for the road, straight line speed gets boring, the handling of the car is where it's at :thumbsup:

thee, just wondering, either way! It doesn't mean much....but its still a childish boast aint it. Not gonna street race him, so only chance of gettin proof would be a track day time or a straight sprint!

Would like to know both sides. See how much extra that turbo gives, but then more realistically I'll end up with a non turbo model so what kinda times do they run?

Would be nice to see some examples from you guys...The CRX site he showed me had the stock vti models doing it in the mid to late 15's. So thats what your up against :P

Someone be my hero of the day! :hokus-pokus:

A standard Rev3 should do it in about 14.0 sec, Rev1 and 2 would be more like 14.3-14.5 secs. I've got a video somewhere of 2 white MR2's having a 1/4 mile drag, 1 is a Rev1 and the other a Rev3.

God knows what mine does it in.

i have a rev2 turbo with a few little mods

my brother has an import sir vtec crx with a few mods

at santa pod on the one of the hottest days of the year

mr2 with my calipers sticking on which i didn't know about 14.234 at 96.76 mph

crx sir vtec 15.518 at 89.80mph

hope this help when my car is sorted hope to be high 13

and my brother is having a full throttle body kit fitted so it will be good to see what he runs

i have a rev2 turbo with a few little mods

my brother has an import sir vtec crx with a few mods

at santa pod on the one of the hottest days of the year

mr2 with my calipers sticking on which i didn't know about 14.234 at 96.76 mph

crx sir vtec 15.518 at 89.80mph

hope this help when my car is sorted hope to be high 13

and my brother is having a full throttle body kit fitted so it will be good to see what he runs

now thats what i like to hear! =) Cheers mark! :thumbsup:

a standard rev 3 turbo is actually around 13.7. if you raise the boost, fit exhaust, induction kit and improve the cooling you'll be in the high 12s. a rev 1/2 running clutch, 15psi, downpipe, exhaust and filter should be 13.5, maybe lower.

when my car is finished and if i knew how to launch and change gear quickly (the 2 essentials of 1/4 mile :?) i'd expect mine to be in the 11s. think i better stick to rolling starts and b roads as that's where most of the ;)

standard n/a is around the 15.5secs, i remember a lad called adrian managed a 14sec time with his and nitrous

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links