Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Alternator Upgrade

^Wynter^

Hi, Im new in here and I have a question.

I recently bought a 1998 Toyota corolla. I want to transfer my sound system in the car but it needs around 50 amp to work properly. My question is: Is there any alternator upgrade available for our cars? if yes, who makes them? Where can I buy it? :help:

Thanks

Norbert

Any 'DECENT' stereo supplier will be able to hook you up wiht a proper alternator, if you know you only need 50amp try contacting any car parts supplier and tell them you need a 50amp out put minimum, clockwise spining alternator with integral regulator :)

go to a salvage yard that has late-model parts, newer cars have bigger alternators on the same engines, so they bolt right up, look at the sticker and see if you have the same terminal setup for the plug, if not, you should be able to put the voltage regulator from your old alternator in the new one. lemme know if you have further questions, I can post pics to show everything, happens I build alternators for a living

• 1 month later...

You could try another little cheaper route,, buy a campacitor. it goes between your Battery and amp, it allows for your amp to pull major power without puttin strain on your stock alternater, it also prevents that annoyin dimmin when rockin late at night

happy huntin

may i suggest two 12s with atleast 400watt amp

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links