Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ae111

nicksSR

just asking the question! 109 bhp is standard, just wondered if modded at all thats why asked the power!! so you got all the answers then?!?

not quite sure of what your asking...the power of my car of the power of the vvti 1.6.

Either way it's 109...my car has a standard engine, nothing has been done to it. I have even taken off my OZ alloys and put the standard ones back on for winter!

Joe.

Yeah, factory standard is 109bhp.

I havn't been able to find any performance figures for it though, looked everywhere! :bookworm:

I'm really pleased with the performance of mine, had it a few months now, admittedly its not the fastest thing on four wheels but it holds its on quite well.

Mate of mine has a 1.5 civic vtec thing that has 136bhp and theres not a lot in it between us on the road. I've been toying with the idea of running it at York dragway at a RWYB event next year just to see what she's like.

Anyone else fancy it? Its not a million miles from you Joe is it?

Its normally run in class's, so thinking I'd be up against saxo/corsa/fiesta crowd running a mild state of tune.

Anyone got the performance figures for the 1.6 vvti SR?

Tibs :thumbsup:

by lightening the fly wheel your car will get up the revs quicker for 1 prob idel a lot higher as well you would notice alot more responce when sticking the peddle to the floor the fly wheel is stuck on the side of your engine at the gearbox side so by lightening it means the crank will not have as much weight on it meaning it can spin faster

once raced a mr2 mk3 with a lightened fly wheel think he was running 14.7 1/4 mile

he was beating type r's etc

the performance figures for the 1.6 vvti SR

16-valve dohc with vvti

bore x stroke -mm 79.0x81.5

displacement 1598

compresion ratio 10.5 :1

max output kw/rpm (ps/rpm) 81/6000(110/6000_

max torque -nm/rpm (lbft/rpm) 150/3800(110/3800)

max speed 121mph

0-62 9.8

any other info you need just ask :thumbsup:

just like to point out that the 0-60 is a lot less than that, and also the top speed is significantly higher :thumbsup:

I reckon so Joe.

Havn't timed a 0-60 in mine, but on a private circuit we saw 134mph on the speedo.(impressed the crap out of me for what it is!!!!)

Don't know how far out the speedo may be, but i'm still running standard 14" alloys on mine due to the winter being upon us.

What do you reckon the real 0-60 time is?

Tibs

OH WELL I AM SORRY IF THAT WRONG GOT THE INFO OUT THE SALES BROCHURE

WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT A STANDARD ONE WOULD NOT BE FAR OFF THAT MABY ABOUT 9

I'm not sure but my car was pulling away from a 1.6 16v saxo quite easily considering i had three passengers... and a good half tank of petrol.

The saxo driver was ragging the !Removed! off his car and pulled into a petrol station almost immediately after i slowed down.

Just like to add the point that the reason i speeded up was cause he was sat about 10 ft off my ubik end for about 2 miles.

Joe

DAM YOUR CAR SOUNDS QUICK THEY 16V SAXOS USED TO GIVE MY GTI A GOOD RUN SAYING THAT THE LAST G6 I HAD OUT (1.6 GR) FELT FAST AS :censor: THINK ALOTS TO DO WITH THE 6 SPEED

No need to be sorry mccullie, a question was asked and you answered it, with great info as well to be honest, so thank you for that.

take it you have a brochure on the model then?

I'm looking for one on my travels, think it'd make a nice addition to my folder.

Think I may have to try a 0-60 time this afternoon........ :) :) :)

I'm not sure but my car was pulling away from a 1.6 16v saxo quite easily considering i had three passengers... and a good half tank of petrol.

now i am not running a vvti engine but the bhp figures for the 4afe are 109bhp etc and i have had a friendly tussle with a couple of 16v saxos, and the saxos will take it most times (depending on driver ability/balls) mainly due to the power/weight ratio and chassis dynamics (the standard corolla is good handling car but saxos are better standard much as it pains me to say it) if you want to "beat" smaller lighter cars like that in a straight line then buy one yourself, if its a A-B-C thing spend you money on chassis tuning and brakes and be the quickest round the corners you will get much better "perfomance" from your car this way, carrying more speed out of the corners than other "quicker" cars, then spend money producing more power :thumbsup:

p.s i wouldnt bother lightening your flywheeel unless your going to lighten balance and blueprint/map the whole engine which compared to a conversion to a 4age (130bhp) would be more expensive and less worthwhile.

Havn't timed a 0-60 in mine, but on a private circuit we saw 134mph on the speedo.(impressed the crap out of me for what it is!!!!)

ive seen an indicated 138 (prob only really 130-135) but only after a good distance in sixth (lots of rpm left) but 5th pulls well upto 115-120, probably could of had more than 138 but ran out of road :ph34r:

true, still had revs left to go,but running out of tarmac had me backing off. I think these SR's are really under-rated and a bit of a surprise to others out there.

:D

im not coming in here to stirr up sh*t lads, but even with a 6th gear, i find it hard to believe that a 1.6 corolla with 109 bhp is capable of nearly 140 mph. 138 mph is very fast.

i agree it is far fetched but i have seen an indicated 138mph not a true 138 just indicated so its bound to be out somewhat and even then the car was not out of rpm but i do think that anymore would take a LONG LONG LONG time, the factory figure is quoted at 121? which might of been the worst figure from a test batch with a couple of mph knocked off to avoid any false advertising issues within quoted factory figures (they do do it)

but i am not about to find out for certain as even brunters 2mile straight would not be enough and the only other way would be for a traffic cop to get me on the M5! :ban:

Vmax is actually achieveable in 4th gear. Theoretically you don't need a rev limiter in 4th since its essentially a 1:1 gear ratio and provided the designer has done the job right the aerodynamics/rolling resistance should equal the max engine power at top speed therefore preventing any further acceleration.

However the corolla (and most other cars) has a 5th Overdrive gear that means you can drive with lower engine noise, fuel economy, and vibration. Therefore in conditions where you have something like a tailwind or downhill stretch it's actually possible to achieve greater than the theoretical maximum speed

Yeah

In the celica forums they talk about speeds of 140mph. Not here. haha.

I reckon that what probably reads as 138mph is a lot less. A 20v 4age would be pushing it at 140mph. I've been told it will go, but will never test it. EVen the supercharger...well i dont no, anyone not what a stadard 4agze is capable of?

The SR corollas i would have thought would be of a similar ability to that of a similar age saxo etc, maybe topgear did a test on it years ago, but they are alwasy gonna shoot the Toyota's down.

What the brochures reads is usually pretty acurate in average driving conditions, and to me 9+ secs 0-62 would sound about right. What are T-sports giving? If anything the Toyota sometimes over estimate there engines in the brochures.

cheers,

Spacefaceuk

As said, 134 was the INDICATED speed. speedos always a touch optimistic as we know. still, felt quick enough!

I assume all these speeds have been reached on track??? As TOC does not condone speeding..... :angry:

From my 4agze at the ring I hit 135mph had a bit more but running out of track and still had about 1800rpm left

Peter in his g6r at the ring hit 120mph ish I dont think he could have got to 138....

And I have a Jun flywheel in my 4agze, I have not had it on a rolling road yet but I doubt that it would have made that much difference on it's own, with the new TMIC, Bigger pulley Air filter etc it works well :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links