Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anything I Need To Watch For?

sc-em

I have just placed a deposit ( not a big one )on a T2 June 03 plate and only 8300 miles. It's from a main dealer, has had all services done anually and was originally sold by yhe same dealer. Is there anything I should specifically ask, or is it, as my mates tell me, a good deal and nothing should be an issue. 12 mths warranty and RAC membership and lifetime free mot's.

My next mission will be to source alloys, buy an ipod instead of the tape and then whatever else. Any recommendations, as they are very basic I know.

The T2 is the base model yaris ....without the benefit of all of the safety features that the T3, T Spirit and T Sport have.

From memory, the T2 does not have central locking, power steering, passenger airbag, electric front windows and only comes with radio cassette as standard.

However it is still a great car and I hope that you enjoy it :thumbsup:

Welcome to TOC

Great, Just what I hoped for. Not even a timing chain to worry about.

Well... there IS a timing chain. But because it IS a timing chain you don't have to worry about it. It's rubbish timing belts you have to worry about, and the Yaris doesn't have one :D

If you can find a T3 then you get more for your money. You get power steering electric front windows remote central locking front and side air bags CD player amongst other things.

The extra goodies just make driving life a lot easier.

They are very reliable little cars and with your 1 year warranty from Mr T you'll have plenty of time to get them to sort out anything that you're not totally happy with. :thumbsup:

I used to own a Yaris T2 and yes it was extremely basic... you'll learn to live with it but after a while it'll get annoying especially things like not having central locking, CD, etc etc... just to clarify the T2 DOES have PAS, ABS & EBD lol it's still basic though!

Like jane-b says if you can find a T3 you'd be better off to begin with.

I used to own a Yaris T2 and yes it was extremely basic... you'll learn to live with it but after a while it'll get annoying especially things like not having central locking, CD, etc etc...  just to clarify the T2 DOES have PAS, ABS & EBD lol it's still basic though!

I don't think the T2 has PAS..........

http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyota/bv/...IS&menuid=12268

But it might be worth checking with Toyota :thumbsup:

I used to own a Yaris T2 and yes it was extremely basic... you'll learn to live with it but after a while it'll get annoying especially things like not having central locking, CD, etc etc...  just to clarify the T2 DOES have PAS, ABS & EBD lol it's still basic though!

Long time no see stranger! How've ya been?

Did you buy your Ibiza then? ;)

I don't think the T2 has PAS..........

http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyota/bv/...IS&menuid=12268

But it might be worth checking with Toyota :thumbsup:

Oh no what have they done to the Toyota site lol... here's the spec (which is almost hidden away, you have to customize your Yaris for the spec):

Yaris T2 is a compact car with a lot to offer. Some of the features included are;

Three-dimensional holographic instrument panel with trip computer.

Colour keyed bumpers with black integrated mouldings

Colour keyed door handles

Metallic radiator grille

Power Steering

2 speaker radio / cassette player

ABS with Electronic Brake Force Distribution

Driver’s airbag

3 point seat belts on all seats

Transponder key engine immobiliser

13" steel wheels with full wheelcaps

But yeh I agree check with Toyota first! :)

Thanks for all the info. I know it's very basic, but I usually drive alone, so central locking not a real prob, and besides I can reach, and I still have just enough strength to wind down a window. Anyway, if I really get to like it I can always get another later.

As for performance I have a V8 kit car, which caters for the speed thrills, so having something really economical will be a bonus compared to filling the V8

Thanks for all the info. I know it's very basic, but I usually drive alone, so central locking not a real prob, and besides I can reach, and I still have just enough strength to wind down a window. Anyway, if I really get to like it I can always get another later.

As for performance I have a V8 kit car, which caters for the speed thrills, so having something really economical will be a bonus compared to filling the V8

Yeah it's a good car to start off with, even just for a little while. If you have the funds then a T3 is better - I started off with a 2004 Yaris T3 before getting the Blue and it is well equipped, but as a basic no frills motor nothing wrong with the T2 for that.

• 9 months later...
I hope the T2 has PAS, otherwise I'm stronger than I thought..... :D

:lol: it definitely has it I'm sure. :D

Guys, excuse my lack of knowledge but did all the Yaris petrol engines from '99 onwards use timing chains?

I'm strongly considering buying a 1.0 model.

Thanks

Steve

Ya. All Yaris engines have a timing chain.

I think diesel engines use a cambelt tho but not sure.

Nice one. :thumbsup:

Thanks for that. I now know to have a listen for chain rattle as I did with Micra's.

Providing it's been driven sensibly and serviced regular it should be ok. Are the chains supposed to be maintenance free? I know Micra's are but if neglected the tensioners wear etc etc.

Cheers

Steve

Ya. All Yaris engines have a timing chain.

I think diesel engines use a cambelt tho but not sure.

Nice one. :thumbsup:

Thanks for that. I now know to have a listen for chain rattle as I did with Micra's.

Providing it's been driven sensibly and serviced regular it should be ok. Are the chains supposed to be maintenance free? I know Micra's are but if neglected the tensioners wear etc etc.

Cheers

Steve

Diesels are chains as well..:-)

Yep diesels do have timing chains. I`ve just bought the basic Yaris S D4D on a 52 plate. Its only done 11.500 miles. Yes even that has power steering that Mr T fitted. Mine has central locking and Air con too!!. . . . . .Now that i`ve fitted it! Yep the kits are avalible at a cost :o And aftermaeket alarms mostly come with central locking outputs on them. It was just a matter of chuckin door locking motors in the doors/tailgate...easy when you know how :P