Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cranky Mr2 Help!

garcor195

Hi All,

Im new to this forum, hope you can help.

I have a 92 G-Ltd which (Im ashamed to say) ran low on oil and (I think, ) has eaten its big end bearings. (knocking on start up then a quite idle and knocks above 2500rpm)

Question is, is it a more viabile option to replace the crank and bearings or just replace the whole engine.

I have a quote from a company in Ireland to supply and fit a recon unit (1400 euro).

Any suggestion greatly appreciated

missing my 2

Thanks

if it's ran low on oil then it may well have done more damage than just the bottom end. Safest option to sort it out in 1 go is to put a new engine in there.

it's a lot less work than rebuilding, replacing parts - then putting it all back together, trying it and finding you forgot to replace something else.

New motor - does it all in 1 hit.

Id agree.

Low oil could have caused other hiden damage, that may arrise a few more miles after repair.

The crank would have to be re-ground, and new shells, and bearings etc etc, and your cams may well have been starbed of oil...and who knows !!

i'd go the whole engine as well, otherwise when you strip the engine you'll end up replacing all the seals etc, finding damaged parts which need replacing and it'll cost loads

As above id replace the lot - probably work out cheaper anyway, and a lot less hassle than stripping it all down and rebuilding it-cos thats a ball ache! ;)

Thanks guys,

I have booked it in for a transplant. good thing to avoid ballache!

hopefully it will all go well.

I should have it back before christmas too.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links