Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bubbling Girgling After A Run?

blueorb

Hi folks, just wanted some advice.

I have noticed that my rev 2 tubby is making girgling bubbling noises after a run. I have only noticed it over the past few days. I had a coolant flush/change 1 week ago, and I am worried that I have air in the system. My temperature gauge is reading normal though.

Is this a really common fault/characteristic, or have I got an air lock. Will this cause head gasket failure if left like this??

Please help put my mind at rest.

I am very worried. :unsure:

Hi folks, just wanted some advice.

I have noticed that my rev 2 tubby is making girgling bubbling noises after a run. I have only noticed it over the past few days. I had a coolant flush/change 1 week ago, and I am worried that I have air in the system. My temperature gauge is reading normal though.

Is this a really common fault/characteristic, or have I got an air lock. Will this cause head gasket failure if left like this??

Please help put my mind at rest.

I am very worried. :unsure:

Oh, I can here the noise comming from around the turbo, the cylinder head and the radiator filling spout.

Not sure if this is actually a problem - robs turbo makes the same noise- i got worried when i first heard it but he said it was totally normal

dont worry mine does it to. (just coolant still moving through the pipes)

I also hear the turbo cooling aswell (tapping metal noise)

just remember not to turn the engine straight off after a run.

If you havent got a turbo timer, just leave it on idle for about a min or two.

bit of burbling is normal, lil bit more expected after hard drive. spose if its ludicrous and sounds like the cars about to break apart it probably be bad tho

maybe just keep an eye on your temp guage and check the coolant level every few days for a while if your worried. once a week thereafter should be enough. hopefully cars sweet tho :) many happy miles may you get from her :thumbsup:

just the coolant in the header tank bubbling, does it in any car, just that the tank is behind your passengers left ear in the 2 so you can hear it easily

Don't worry about it, its perfectly normal. It's just the gasses bubbling out of the cooling sytem. When the engine cools, the pressure in the system will change to a partial vacuum and it will suck in coolant from the overflow tank to automatically top itself up.

I can here it bubbling inside the head though, as well as the header tank. That is what concerns me. Its only done it since the coolant was flushed also.

Do others here it inside the cylinder head, even after a steady run?

I am booked in on Thursday with Peter Giddon to get the system reflushed/filled and checked for air locks, as I am worried that there may be an air lock in the system.

I am worried sick that I will finish up with a blown head gasket. :unsure:

The weird thing is my temp gauge remains normal.

Think I found the problem, the coolant level was about 1.5 litres short. I have topped up this am, been for a hard drive and presto!!

No more bubbling/ gurgling hissing noises.

I think there was to little water in the system, and as things started to cool down, air was being sucked back into the head causing bubbling/hissing noises.

I will monitor the water level now for a few days to check I am not loosing any. Hopefully all will be well!

Cheers guys.

glad alls seeming well now :) too beautiful a type of car to breakdown. and if youve ever broke down in one you know what im on about by the way ppl drive past laughing and smiling in their heaps of tosh. :censor: ers!!! :D

still....expect to hear a little burbling from the correct places still tho :thumbsup:

its ur car talking to you saying .... i love you :D

glad alls seeming well now :) too beautiful a type of car to breakdown. and if youve ever broke down in one you know what im on about by the way ppl drive past laughing and smiling in their heaps of tosh.  :censor: ers!!!  :D

still....expect to hear a little burbling from the correct places still tho  :thumbsup:

its ur car talking to you saying .... i love you  :D

lol

It better love me, it costs more to run than a woman!!

even if it doesnt quite lurrrv you it will never tell you your dress sense is horrible, sleep with ur mates, make you give up social drinking and eventually take half your money and possessions if you decide to leave her(she cant leave you as shes a car :D )

how cools that ! :lol::thumbsup:

absolutely no offence meant to any of the ladies of TOC as your all in a totally different class to the type of woman im on about :P i mean the type of woman i usually end up with lmao ;)

Think I found the problem, the coolant level was about 1.5 litres short. I have topped up this am, been for a hard drive and presto!!

No more bubbling/ gurgling hissing noises.

I think there was to little water in the system, and as things started to cool down, air was being sucked back into the head causing bubbling/hissing noises.

I will monitor the water level now for a few days to check I am not loosing any. Hopefully all will be well!

Cheers guys.

Water? I hope your not filling the coolant system with water, especially 1.5 litres of it. You need to maintain the correct coolant mixture and diluting it with water isn't a good idea.

amen to dont use straight water..... corrosion and freezing erg :crybaby: if you did use straight water id keep that appointment and get it done again ....with proper coolant... and make sure right stuffs used. red is good.... blue and yellow are apparently not :thumbsup:

heya B :) ... now im not talking from an 'i make the stuff so i know for sure' standpoint or owt but....

Mr T was really clear about it and said use only red, my bro with his bikes has to use yellow and he firmly told me that they all have different properties and with an ally head to definately not use blue. now i was expecting to hafta use yellow as i swear i read somewhere when researching that yellow was the proper sort to use but... Mr T firmly said to ONLY use their official red stuff.

now i know its a dealers and they could well have that as a partyline to sell their own products but .... they said red ....not 'use our red or yellow' ...just red

ma dad reckons theirs no diference in any .... ma bro reckons their is and with ally heads blues bad and mr t reckon red. id go with mr t on it as its their car were on about.

maybe this is worth a thread so some clarity may be able to be shed on it

till a clear surefire answer comes, for the sake of however little it is for a bottle of their readymixed or 2.... is it really worth the risk blue or yellows eating your cylinder head or summat like that :unsure: ...wish i knew far more about cars :rolleyes:

im rollin with mr Ts red stuff forever ...jus in case :thumbsup:

Just had the coolant changed anyway, so 5 lires of Forelife in there, with 1 litre of comma coolant conditioner also.

So topping up with a litre or so of distilled water should be fine.

I am getting the system reflushed and redilled anyway in the new year, as I have learned that to to the job properly takes aprox 11 litres of new coolant.

As mine had only had 5 litres replaced, it wasnt done properly, so I will get it re done after christmas.

I am confident that there will be enough protection for the time being.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links