Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Next ?

european_bob

After thinkin about it,as much as i love my rolla and superchargin' it would be fun i just think with the sale of the car along with the wedge for the transplant i could get a 3sgte.

What to buy thou..

Celica GT4-?St185,St205

Mr2 Turbo

4 Wheel drive does sound fun although ive driven a mates Mr2 turbo and it used to chew up St185 and spit um out in bubbles.

So is it Down to the Sw20 or St205

But the CASH flow aint that great and the celica is gonna pricey'r than a MR2

What would u do..

ST205!!! :D

Thats what im getting once im 21 and have a years no claims (hopefully) :thumbsup:

I would go with the Celica ST205 they are excellent cars with a great engine.

Having said that if you drop a 4AGZE in your Corolla you have something a bit more unique. The biggest problem with AE92's is the rust!

Good luck whichever way you go :thumbsup:

3S-GTE all the way. bung on some goodies and 450bhp is yours (well mine anyway :P )oh and keep it front wheel drive its more fun, although i may have to look at 4wd soon

3S-GTE all the way. bung on some goodies and 450bhp is yours (well mine anyway :P )oh and keep it front wheel drive its more fun, although i may have to look at 4wd soon

Id love to drop a 3sgte in to it but i fink its more sensible to just go for the ST205

450BHP sounds all good but i know how much you have spent and as nice as your rolla is i couldnt afford it.

Thats it then.. Come the summer il have to sell her and go 205 styleee...

Thats it then.. Come the summer il have to sell her and go 205 styleee...

Good choice :thumbsup:

Thats what im hoping to do next September/October :D

seriously you do need to budget about £5500 for the conversion (you will need a brake and suspension upgrade (£400 suspension and about £1200 for the brakes)

if you are not planning on doing the bulk of the work yourself, there will be about £2000 labour on top.

the thing with a conversion you are spending about the same as buying a 205 but its a hell of a lot more fun :P

cheers

lee

• 1 month later...

is it 4wd?

Well as it goes im TOO skint to be buying a new motor and after yesterday fight with a land rover she'll have 85% of her panels newley painted... so im gonna be keeping the AE92 and going for the 4agze conversion

Its gonna be so much cheaper and with all the work thats being done over the next few weeks i'd be crazy to let it go.

The new panels arrived this morning although no bumper as of yet... but all in good time..

and the new 1/4's come next week..

..only panels not to be painted would be the doors and the tailgate..

So come the summer she'll be lookin mighty fine as far as AE92s go..

Good way to go the 4AGZE is a very affordable conversion, however as with any conversion you keep finding more and more things you can buy for it!

You may want to get the doors painted if theres any dents or scratches seeig as your going through the hassle of having your rear 1/4's done and having the front sorted. Use plenty of waxoil when all done to keep it looking good. :thumbsup:

got to second that. basicaly got sick of finding little bits here and there and stripped the car back to a complete Shell,removed every last nut,bolt wire and grommit. not ideal considering i dont have a garage, just a 3x6mtr marquee to work in. just sent the subframes, hubs, struts, springs and arms to be shotblasted today. they're powder coating the springs and struts too

DAWESY..Your mad.. you must have deep pockets or a money tree..

Good way to go the 4AGZE is a very affordable conversion, however as with any conversion you keep finding more and more things you can buy for it!

You may want to get the doors painted if theres any dents or scratches seeig as your going through the hassle of having your rear 1/4's done and having the front sorted. Use plenty of waxoil when all done to keep it looking good. :thumbsup:

Id love to get it all done together but its finding the funds... Rear bumper also needs a lick of paint so should really do the doors and all the mlgs too..

As for buying new bit after the conversion,well thats all the fun that comes after.. but a new pulley and intercooler and id be happy.

money tree or deep pockets i dont have, its more of an obssesion.

you would be best getting a FMIC while doing the conversion any way (saves messing later) i got my 600x300x76mm itercooler kit for under £250 delivered from the states that incl all the mandrell bent alloy pipes etc. the kit is for a pulsar but fits the rolla 3S-GTE with very little mods

money tree or deep pockets i dont have, its more of an obssesion.

you would be best getting a FMIC while doing the conversion any way (saves messing later) i got my 600x300x76mm itercooler kit for under £250 delivered from the states that incl all the mandrell bent alloy pipes etc. the kit is for a pulsar but fits the rolla 3S-GTE with very little mods

Sorry,whats FMIC,FM-inter-cooler?

Fensport do a custom one ! Not a good move nah?

When your cars done,im gonna come and have a look.500BHP in something that weights less than an empty shoe box.. .. .. MENTALIST..

Yep FMIC is Front Mount Intercooler, lots of people debate whether FMIC or Top mount is better. FMIC has benefit of better cooling but some say suffers from lag whereas Top Mount will probably suffer from heat soak but no lag. Im going front mount on mine, and yes Fensport do a custom one but for Dawesy's rolla its a bit on the small size.

Dawesy your intercooler is huge a bit too big i would think for a 4AGZE as would then suffer from lag, what do you think? Im in the process of finding a front mount intercooler for my ZE.

As for a pulley kit theres quite a few out there now, do your research when you come to get one. I went with the one below

Nevo.jpg

As for a pulley kit theres quite a few out there now, do your research when you come to get one. I went with the one below

Nevo.jpg

Nice :thumbsup: I have heard that the Nevo is much better then the fensport pulley, would be good to see once you have it on what bhp and torque that gives you :thumbsup:

Will you also be going for the underdrive,water and crank pulley set also?

Nice :thumbsup: I have heard that the Nevo is much better then the fensport pulley, would be good to see once you have it on what bhp and torque that gives you :thumbsup:

Will you also be going for the underdrive,water and crank pulley set also?

The Nevo is a much better pulley than the Fensport one because it is made from 7075-T6 alloy whereas the Fensport pulley is a standard 4AGZE crank pulley with an alloy 'ring' to make it larger. Thats why they sell thier's on an exchange basis! The weight saving I can imagine would be substantial and therefore place less stress on the keyway.

There is someone out there who does a 180mm pulley kit and they provide you with the water pump pulley as that needs replacing due to the size. I dont think there is much between that and the Nevo (175mm). For me though the Nevo looks good!

I had my pulley done at the time of my conversion so dont kow what a stock ZE is like and wont be able to quote any direct gains as im going down the route of FMIC and a few other mods too. As for the underdrive pulley kit I didnt go with that, maybe in the future at some time!When it is all sorted and I have had it on the rollers I will quote the bhp and torque figures. :thumbsup:

Yep FMIC is Front Mount Intercooler, lots of people debate whether FMIC or Top mount is better. FMIC has benefit of better cooling but some say suffers from lag whereas Top Mount will probably suffer from heat soak but no lag. Im going front mount on mine, and yes Fensport do a custom one but for Dawesy's rolla its a bit on the small size.

Dawesy your intercooler is huge a bit too big i would think for a 4AGZE as would then suffer from lag, what do you think? Im in the process of finding a front mount intercooler for my ZE.

Nevo.jpg

Arr Front Mounted... Yeah id have to get a front mounted one as i dont fancy cutting ones in the hood plus id have to do what dawesy done with his coz i dont like the scooby style scoop.

Much easier to front mount one...plus its not so obvious whats hidden . . . he he...

if there's room in the engine bay..

Why not charge cool it? (water to air intercooler) Thats super stealth mode plus there less pipe work.. so that means less lagg :D

if there's room in the engine bay..

Why not charge cool it? (water to air intercooler) Thats super stealth mode plus there less pipe work.. so that means less lagg :D

You dont get lagg on a s/charger do u...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links