Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Next ?

european_bob

I looked at charge cooling but it is a complicated set up and heavier than air/air intercooler. Chargecooling is a lot more costly too. Where the water cools the air, the water itself is cooled by a radiator which in turn is cooled by air, so you are back to square one. I will probably go air/air intercooler as if anything goes wrong its easy to fix and will add an intercooler spray system which should be sufficient for my needs, and leave me some space to sort out my induction too. Plus as long as the intercooler core is not too big there will not be any noticeable lag.

European Bob with a supercharger you do not suffer from lag as the supercharger is instant but the reference to lag is to do with the air now having to travel a longer distance to get to supercharger. In all honesty I dont know if this is noticeable or not and even if it is how much it affects acceleration. People seem to disagree but i guess its down to personal experience and applications they use. For example if you have a large intercooler you have a lot more volume to fill therefore creating lag so the size of the intercooler and diameter of piping and route it takes is all key to getting a good set up.

Sera_beetle nice set up, good to see someone has done this, just add freezing water or ice in the water tank for even better results :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

i drove dawesys rolla a while back when it was just on the stage2 ct20 (around 360 if im right lee?) and even then it was probably one of the most awesome cars ive ever driven.

the thought of 450+ is frankly quite scary!

actualy rob should be nearer 500bhp. but i have got gear dependant boost an traction control :P

actualy rob should be nearer 500bhp. but i have got gear dependant boost an traction control :P

hey dawesy, have you had to replace your outer cv's yet?

nah im using ST-205 outer CV's ;)

cant wait to get it back on the road, been about a year now. just a freshen up on the engine and we shoud be nearly there

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links