Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-sport Delivered

chenks

just got my brand new t-sport today.

one question.. the standard fit cd player doens't appear to be all that great... ie no seperate bass/treble controls etc (unless i missed them) ??

anyone know the spec if the fitted Speakers ??

the sub housing etc that toyato is priced nicely.. but hardly worth it if the headunit and Speakers are pants.

just got my brand new t-sport today.

one question.. the standard fit cd player doens't appear to be all that great... ie no seperate bass/treble controls etc (unless i missed them) ??

anyone know the spec if the fitted speakers ??

the sub housing etc that toyato is priced nicely.. but hardly worth it if the headunit and speakers are pants.

congratulations for that great sporty car :thumbsup: mine is just 1.4vvt-i,but is enough for me,it's very dynamic ,more than i expected from 1.4 engine,but 1.8TS/192 PS/ is really great :drool: About your question--you can adjust bass/treb by pushing and rotating the right button on your audio system. :D

i would but i would lose the other stuff that is displayed on the radio display.. ie MPG readouts etc etc

Hi

If you change the standard head unit you will lose the trip computer. But it's rubbish anyway & was never accurate in my T Sport. Not missed it one bit.

Pb

:wacko:

Hi

If you change the standard head unit you will lose the trip computer. But it's rubbish  anyway & was never accurate in my T Sport. Not missed it one bit.

Pb

:wacko:

Neather do i

Your standard one has Bass and Treble controls, I know mine has...

I think its the LH button that turns you push it in...

congrats on the car mine's now just over a year old done 17,000 miles and has been totally trouble free, I hope yours is the same.

Don't forget to run it in properly its worth it in the long run...

And just to add the stereo is a billion times better than the one fitted in a type R...

It looks olmost like mine Linea Sol 1600

look at my website :thumbsup: same color Platinum Silver colorcode 1C0

when you say "run it in properly" .. what do you mean.

Dont hammer the engine until its covered a bit of distance (500-1000 Miles) :thumbsup:

ok i'll stop then !!

unless going up to 80 is not hammering it.

it's just too easy to get up to that speed very quickly !!

I might be old fashioned but I still believe if you plan to keep the car run it in properly i'm convinced it will run better for longer if you do...

I ran mine in by upping the revs every 100 miles up to 3000rpm for the 1st 100 miles then up to 4, you get the idea and didn't go above 6000rpm until 1000 miles on the clock...

From just 7 miles my T sport was hammered! It was taken right up to 8200rpm and has pretty much stayed there ever since lol! Its now got 30k on it and pulls very hard, not one problem mechanically!

I will be keeping it until about 70-80k so will report any problems.

The manual says 2000-4000rpm for 1200 miles. Also avoid hard stops for the first 200 miles if you can and the brakes will bed nicely.

I found that the car wasn't very happy at all below 2000rpm to begin with as it was very tight, but after a couple of thousand miles things are much better.

Paul.

it also says don't drive at constant speeds !!

so i guess you are supposed to speed up and slow down all the time !!! doesn't make much sense really !

in the T-sport it's actually quite tricky to stay below 4000rpm at times.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links