Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla E12 Suspension + Tyres

estamatis

Hello corolla friends

I have a Corolla E12 4D 1.4 for about 1 Year

When i first drive the Car i was sure their something wrong with the suspension and the steering too.

The cars felt to soft and at high speeds strong side winds make the car moving and chaging its highway line. If you add and the "electric" steering i felt that is something wrong with it.

At the service couldn 't find anything wrong and talking to other corolla owners i come to the conclusion that corollas are just like that. In the other side the soft suspension can easily pass over bad road that is very common in Greece. I have

used driving my Rolla and now i fill very nice and comfortable in it, but after 1 year i fill that a change to the suspension is good to be made.

What i can change (specific parts) to the suspension to make the car more stiff and accurate?

After 1 year of driving (30000 Km) it is time to change the tyres for the first time.

What tyres will fit best to my car?

I will appriciate any suggestion

Please forgive my English

What i can change (specific parts) to the suspension to make the car more stiff and accurate?

You can lower the car with TTE springs and that will help a little bit. If you want to go further, either try the TTE full suspension kit or perhaps go for Tein struts and maybe TRD stiffer anti-roll bars.

If you try searching back through the forum there are quite a few good posts on Tein suspension and other suspension tweaks---it seems to be quite a popular modification.

Paul.

You can lower the car with TTE springs and that will help a little bit. If you want to go further, either try the TTE full suspension kit or perhaps go for Tein struts and maybe TRD stiffer anti-roll bars.

If you try searching back through the forum there are quite a few good posts on Tein suspension and other suspension tweaks---it seems to be quite a popular modification.

Paul.

i know by puttin stiffer suspension makes the ride stiffter, but how much stiffer dose it make the corolla with TTE's on?

Paul Thanks for the reply

A friend of mine (he is a suzuki fan) told me for the yellow KONI Adjustable shocks. I don 't want to lower the car as the road in Greece are very bad.

Do you know any one that have put the KONI Yellow shocks on a Corolla ?

i know by puttin stiffer suspension makes the ride stiffter, but how much stiffer dose it make the corolla with TTE's on?

If you replace the standard springs with the shorter TTE ones, but leave the dampers stock, the ride is still very comfortable. I think the stock wheels and tyres also help a lot with the smooth ride.

I've had TTE springs for a few months now and if anything now that they have settled in the car is even lower. You can no longer park the front over a kerb as the tow hook underneath the front chassis will catch on the kerb. Done that a couple of times!

If you went for the TTE full suspension kit though I imagine it would be rather harsh, although your performance on the corners would be that much better.

Estimatis, not sure about Konis. Try the forum search.

Paul.

estamatis γεια σου φίλε.

I've had the TTE springs for a year, now i've installed the tein superstreet. To be honest if you are not really a 'corner' ethousiast, in my opinion u shouldn't spend so much for shocks and springs..

As for the TTE springs. I had the stock shocks and to be honest i've seen some improvement in handling with less body roll (and better looks for sure :thumbsup: ) but nothing special meaning no major improvement. The only thing thats for sure is that the car remained comfortable. go for used ones since toyota in greece wants about 250euro +100 at least for fitment! :eek: (i sold mine 130)

If you dont want to spend too much money and like quite sporty ride go for koni+eibach springs the best solution i think... but the car will be quite stiffer (not very comfotable for the family :!Removed!: ) there are also some other solutions like KYB or SACHS for shocks (less sportier) and springs (vogtland, HR etc) search forums for opinions..

Now the tein superstreet and every adjustable suspension has the advantage that u can personalize it to your needs ;) My only concern about it is that i would prefer higher spring rates (no family-careful in Athens-no worries for harshness.

Yeap i didnt check my english hope it makes sense! :wacko:

i forgot the tyres! i've now got 205/50 R16 toyo T1R quite good and cheap but i'll try michelin next time.

If you have the stock rims try buying some 16inch so u can find more 'sport' tyres...

If u stick to 195/60 i wouldnt recommend the yoko C.drive, had them for 1 year and was totally disapponted.

Also check greek corolla club

Billlll Ευχαριστώ Thanks for the reply

I only want to make my car not to be so sensitive to side winds as it is right now.

Yes i dont want to spend much money on the suspension and the spring of TTE looks likes o good solution. How many cm lower will the car be?

The tyres from the factory are some bad brigestone. I was looking for the brigestone potenze R720 that are cheap and acceptable. (Have them on my wifes Yaris)

I don 't want, or better i can affort right know to change the rims to so i have to keep the factory iron rims.

How i can register to the Greek Corolla Club. I try to, fill all the data but when i submit an error occurs.

I will contact the forum admins.

I only want to make my car not to be so sensitive to side winds as it is right now.

Yes i dont want to spend much money on the suspension and the spring of TTE looks likes o good solution. How many cm lower will the car be?

The tyres from the factory are some bad brigestone. I was looking for the brigestone potenze R720 that are cheap and acceptable. (Have them on my wifes Yaris)

I don 't want, or better i can affort right know to change the rims to so i have to keep the factory iron rims.

How i can register to the Greek Corolla Club. I try to, fill all the data but when i submit an error occurs.

The TTE springs lowers the car 30mm (3cm)

The TTE springs lowers the car 30mm (3cm)

Ill have olso the TTE springs on my Rolla E12 2005 they are quit good , i fitted them my self

take a look at my site

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links