Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Window Problems

spinout_mr2

hello all, i have a problem with the windows on my rev1 turbo. all the buttons work on the control on my door, bar the window ones. also the window buttons on the other door dont work either. a guy at mr T said it might be the fuses but ive had a look and im not too sure where the fuse box is. any help would be very gratefull thanks shaun

Might sound daft but have you put the window lock on accidently ??

I did this once, drivimg round with no working windows for abouy 4 weeks till someone told me :(

Russ

no worries moffmo. erm ha no its not the window lock im pretty stupid but not that stupid??? if the fuses are all good what else could it be? only im not realy into paying 120 beans for a new window control!!

my window buttons stopped working too, - well, my window switch/pull thing was crap. i got told it was a fuse, but couldnt find anything wrong, - in end i jst bought a second hand new control panel.

ive found something else aswell, when you open the door you can hear a clicking sound comin from the doors like when the doors are being locked and lastnight the windows worked for like a minute then stopped again??

Hi ,

Dont know if this helps but I had some probs with the drivers window in my 2 as well. I discovered the mounts on the regulator were broken causing the window to move sometimes (I was able to have this welded).

But also the control panel was intermittant.

I took it apart and found it was filthy inside (1992 MR2 G LTD). about 10 mins with a dremel cleaned it all up and no probs since.

Might be worth a look its an easy bit to take out and not too many pieces to loose!

ive had the control off today and the contacts were filthy so ive cleaned them up but still no luck, what mounts on the regulator am i looking for?

Sorry for the late reply,

if i remember correctly there are 4 mounting points (where it is bolted to the door frame) for the window regulator. On mine two of these mounts were broken and when i tried to open the window it would either not move (makes a fair bit of noise as well!) or mabye move the back or top of the window only.

I chanced bringing the regulator (minus its motor) to a local welder/ workshop and got it welded for €20! (beats payin over €300!) :)

Merry Christmas to ALL...