Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina E, Glasses Quite Wet Inside

toyota838

Hello,

I'm a new member ... Hi all,

I have a big problem with my Carina E 1994 : when it rains, the glasses is quite wet (of course inside) and I can't see well the road, it's very difficult to drive. The heating can help a little but can not fix it, especially when it rains hard.

I thinks may be water come in through the doors, but I can't see it clearly. Does any one has experience with this problem?

Thank you for your help and sorry for my poor english.

khdung.

One thing to try is to put the car through a car wash and check for leaks - my bet would be a perished seal on sunroof, failing that you may have corroded under seals - are the back of your floor mats wet ? If so they are absorbing water from underneath which is then evaporarting into the car interior and subsequently condensing on your (cold) screen.

Thanks, there's nothing on the sunroof of Carina E and I checked the floor, it's OK, not at all wet ...

I had it again this morning (and it didn't rain). I opened the doors for a few seconds and turned on demisting, that's all I could do.

khdung.

Thanks, there's nothing on the sunroof of Carina E and I checked the floor, it's OK, not at all wet ...

I had it again this morning (and it didn't rain). I opened the doors for a few seconds and turned on demisting, that's all I could do.

khdung.

Hi, to all, I'm a new member. This is my second Carina E, it's one of the last built, I would think. We bought the first one just after it came out in 93 and never, ever had any problems with it. A great car. The build quality of the second one was/is nowhere near as good. It has always sounded as if a door weren't quite closed, and the windows leaked from the start, were taken out, put back in twice, and water still seeps in from somewhere. If I don't turn on the air conditioning, the windows fog up straight away. So far I've never thought to check the floor, I'll do that.

Having said that, up until recently (100.000 km) I've never had any problems with the motor, so I'll probably stick with Toyota.

Check to ensure the lever on your dash is set to circulate air from outside as this will cause a build up of condensation on the windows if it is set to circulate air from inside the car only.

Check to ensure the lever on your dash is set to circulate air from outside as this will cause a build up of condensation on the windows if it is set to circulate air from inside the car only.

Thanks, I like your suggestion, before I didn't know which air (outside or inside) is good. But any way, I think I must wait for engine warming, if not the outside air will make the problem even more serious, is it right?

khdung.

The air is always set to circulate from the outside, unless I'm in a traffic jam in a tunnel with an old diesel in front of me or something of the sort. Strangely enough, water accumulates under the back seat. I've just had the cam belt replaced, a new water pump, and a new windscreen washer pump (all within the past two months) and I've just bought a set of wheels for the winter, so if I can find an answer to the water problem, I'd like to hang on to the car for a while (although the 177hp D-CAT is very tempting :yes: ). I've got two kids and two dogs, so it has to be an estate - and my wife likes the Avensis - a practical, sensible car.

I think I know how to deal with this problem.

I don't go immediately but wait for a few minutes for warming the motor, then I turn on the fan and take the air from outside ... it worked when it was raining very hard today.

Of course the glasses is slightly blur at the beginning but when the air is hot, it is very clean >> maybe we'll have this problem when the summer comes, we can not turn on the heating.

The glasses for passengers is regularly blur, but it doesn't matter for the driver.

Thank you for your all responses, I understand better and better my car.

khdung.

Toyotahamberg

The water under the back seats will be because the drain-holes in the boot are clogged up with rubbish.

There are drains in the quarter sections behind the wheels to the rear of the mud-flaps.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links