Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Head Unit Upgrade

RAV-44

Well since my speaker upgrade I`m now thinking about upgrading my Head Unit to an Alpine CDA-9851R.

I want to still be able to use the steering wheel controls & this H/unit will allow this also I will have to buy a Facia/adaptor for the H/Unit.

Has any one done a simular upgrade & no the part numbers for the steering wheel wiring mod & the Facia/adaptor?

Regards

I too use an alpine stereo and think it's fab! Has got full iPod control too, so plenty of music to be going on with! Can't comment on the controls though cause I have an older model Rav4 :thumbsup:

i have a facia adaptor for one of these brand new if you want to make me an offer, i bought it off eBay in error as i have an older rav and it doesnt fit (damn eBay for havin no pics)

Lee

Hey knightrider. Didn't think you even needed a facia adaptor for the mark 1 rav 4 that you have? Or have we been through this already?

well it was for the yaris facia adpator which takes a new shape rav adaptor but theres a few different styles and i got one which was no good to me, im after a double din adaptor for the mk1 rav as ive got a double din DVD unit,

I was also contemplating with changing the head unit and did some research on Alpine units during which I found that Alpine’s Steering wheel remote control isn’t compatible with Toyota Vehicles :ffs: in fact the only Japanese car that is compatible is the Honda S2000. But it’s probably best to confirm this with Alpine UK just to make sure.

Bellow is the list of Steering Remote Supported Vehicles from Alpine’s website.

Alpine Website

There are some alternatives though; Kenwood Units can be fitted with an additional Steering wheel remote control that goes behind the steering wheel.

Illustrated on the site here

and they also do units that come with hand held remotes.

Well since my speaker upgrade I`m now thinking about upgrading my Head Unit to an Alpine CDA-9851R.

I want to still be able to use the steering wheel controls & this H/unit will allow this also I will have to buy a Facia/adaptor for the H/Unit.

Has any one done a simular upgrade & no the part numbers for the steering wheel wiring mod & the Facia/adaptor?

Regards

Alright again Knightrider!

Think you'd be lucky to find a double din adaptor for the mk1 Rav. You certainly aint gonna fit one easily where the existing stereo is.

However that slot lower down by the gear stick with a couple of switches is a good place to put a screen. May take a bit of cutting though!!