Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car-jacking Scheme

Kev Mc

Just got this in an email:

>>Subject: Car Jacking(originated from Alliance Cornhill insurance)

>>

>>

>>ALL CAR OWNERS AND CAR DRIVERS, PLEASE READ

>>Especially if your laptop is in the car or if your car is full of

>>Christmas shopping

>>

>>

>>Be aware of a new car-jacking scheme.You walk across the car park,

>>unlock your car and get inside, lock the doors, start the engine

>>and select reverse. You look into the rear-view mirror to back out

>>of your parking space and notice a piece of paper stuck to the

>>middle of the rear window. So, you shift back into park or neutral,

>>unlock the doors and get out to remove the paper (or whatever it

>>is) that is obstructing your view.

>>When you reach the back of your car the car-jackers appear out of

>>nowhere, jump into your car and take off. Your engine was running

>>and you would have left your handbag or briefcase in the car.

>>APART FROM STEALING ANYTHING OF VALUE, THEY MIGHT FIND YOUR ADDRESS

>>AND THEY ALREADY HAVE YOUR KEYS!

>>Remember, if you see your rear view blocked like this just drive

>>away and remove the paper later ! It is stuck to your window!

>>THIS SCAM IS HAPPENING IN LONDON RIGHT NOW AND WILL SURELY SPREAD

>>TO OTHER AREAS Be thankful that you read this email.and forward it

>>to friends and family especially to women!

>>JUST BE AWARE AND TAKE CARE. IT MIGHT SOON ARRIVE IN YOUR AREA

I've never heard this 1 before & I think it's quite clever, don't let your guard drop for 1 second or you could regret it

Not being funny FlatPack, whether it was a hoax or not, all it takes is one full on chav to read this and bang it's now a reality, quite a clever idea-

Chavs don't have the intelligence to come up with the idea, theyv'e got just about enough brain power to copy it though... :ffs:

Not being funny FlatPack, whether it was a hoax or not, all it takes is one full on chav to read this and bang it's now a reality, quite a clever idea-

Chavs don't have the intelligence to come up with the idea, theyv'e got just about enough brain power to copy it though...  :ffs:

I've got my house keys on a seperate fob after someone I knew had a crash and the other keys on their car key fob buried themselve into her knee. Keyhole Surgery! ;) So at least the dirty chav bastuds wouldn't have access to my home.

What we need is a starting system that detects fake trainers on the pedals or fake tracksuits on the livery and then cuts out - and dispenses CS gas! ;)

Cheers,

Jim

I would hope that a real insurance company wouldn't write in this style. Not a convincing set-up.

Rightly said that it may give some chavsters an idea, though. Seasonal chavvy thing I remember -- some idiot demonstrating his Xmas tree, a conifer pulled by the roots from someone's new hedge. Since it looked nothing like an Xmas tree (can you imagine!) it seemed that the person felt he won by delighting in doing something small, sneaky and very cowardly. Must be the chav definition of clever.

Chavs don't have the intelligence to come up with the idea, theyv'e got just about enough brain power to copy it though...  :ffs:

What we need is a starting system that detects fake trainers on the pedals or fake tracksuits on the livery and then cuts out - and dispenses CS gas! ;)

Cheers,

Jim

lol -- and photo recognition of Harry Enfield's Scousers!

Was gonna say its a hoax.. been around the office a few times since ive been here... but thats been covered.

But interesting point about people suspecting little 'chavs' to copy it...

Either way, people have been warned.... and hey.. if i get in the car and notice a bit of paper in back window.. im probably just about lazy enough to leave it there lol :P sort it when i get home... unless its huge and covers the entire thing... then I prolly woulda noticed it before i started her up :P

Wouldn't have to be huge to cover your back window JJ. I reckon my window wiper would get rid of any leaflets big enough to get in my way.

As said, a hoax, but that's why you select neutral, turn the igniton off, close the door, lock it, get the paper, throw it in the bin, unlock car, get in, lock doors, turn on ignition, and drive away....

At the end of the day, if a hoax is seen by a million people & stops 1 person having their car nicked by these robbing :censor: 's then it will have been a good thing imo.

As said, a hoax, but that's why you select neutral, turn the igniton off, close the door, lock it, get the paper, throw it in the bin, unlock car, get in, lock doors, turn on ignition, and drive away....

But lets be realsitic - How many people would get out for a second and a) turn the engine off and B) lock the car.........?......and c)throw the paper in a bin and not on the ground :lol:

That'll never happen every time........ :yes:

Someone wearing a uniform once stuck a piece of paper on my windshield. It was a demand for money. I paid but now I'm a little concerned -- was I mugged? :o

E-mail everyone you know and some you don't. Tell them about this terrible scam at once!

Wouldn't have to be huge to cover your back window JJ. I reckon my window wiper would get rid of any leaflets big enough to get in my way.

Well considering my back window... it would be hard not to notice anything stuck to it....its not exactly big. Wide and low mebbe but not big :P

not to mention the fact it would have to be wet/adhesive, as I dont have a rear windscreen wiper! so they cant stick it under that... :P

But lets be realsitic - How many people would get out for a second and a) turn the engine off and B) lock the car.........?......and c)throw the paper in a bin and not on the ground :lol:

That'll never happen every time........ :yes:

Well i do, but that's because I'm sensible.... :P

Someone wearing a uniform once stuck a piece of paper on my windshield. It was a demand for money. I paid but now I'm a little concerned -- was I mugged?  :o

E-mail everyone you know and some you don't. Tell them about this terrible scam at once!

Yeah, I hear thats common place anywhere you go nowadays.... its just terrible isnt it.... ;)

I think any call to be safer getting into your car is good, hoax or not - I dunno about you guys but being a lonely female driver, it does get quite intimidating - I was walking through the local supermarket car park, unlocked my car and there was a group of teenagers following me swigging alcopops, so I started walking a bit quicker, jumped in the car and swiftly locked all my doors, expecting them to try and get in....

They didnt, but the fear of it was awful.... :unsure:

i can see that working , specially now at xmas , cars laden with booty , for every 10 cars they try for they are bound to get 1 or 2. maybe more .hoax or not people watch out , stay safe. :thumbsup: