Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-sport Vs Civic Esi

cmarshall

TBH mate i wouldn't botther then unless you want to get a loan. Save up a bit more, it won't do you any harm. My funds are starting for my next car already. Won't have enough for 2 years, but will be worth the wait

cheers, dude i will save up, the yaris is a mod project(alwasy been interested in how mods effect cars) just want to see what i can get outta the little barsteward!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cmarshall

• admanirv

• zebidi

• earpl

Back seats out will make no difference to power so I don't know why you've listed it. :wacko:

I reckon you'd be struggling to get 130bhp, I'd say 125bhp at a push. :yes:

Thought you were getting a S2000 anyway? :rolleyes:

back seats effect launch, the good old less weight phsyics. Ive tried and it makes a difference ask earpl :thumbsup:

i reckon i would get 130bhp, rossnova got 127, earpl got 140. i eckon mapping it to take 97 ron would push it upto 130.

yeah ims till debating to get an s2000 can only afford CAT D ones at monent without getting a loan.

yes old light weight, its the oldest formula to date :D weighed back seats at 35kg and spare wheel at 8 kg.

apparently every 10kg you lose raises 1% power to weight ratio

Surely that obviously depends on the original weight of car! and it will only raise the power by 1% in regards to the cars original weight! and yeah if you think about it, that 1% is based on the car weighing a 1000kg or a tonne! (which the yari weighs just under so you lose just under a % per 10kg but yeh) :thumbsup:

10/1000 is equal to 1/100 or 1% :D

Yey i can do maths :D

back seats effect launch, the good old less weight phsyics. Ive tried and it makes a difference ask earpl  :thumbsup:

Yeah it makes it faster but it doesn't effect bhp which is what we're talking about here! :)

Less weight doesn't equal moe bhp does it? :rolleyes:

It equals more bhp per ton which is more important than bhp alone!

But i can see you wernt talking about that!

CB :thumbsup:

yes bhp per tonne, power to weight ratio :)

if you were to put the yaris power into a 500kg car it would fly!

suzuki cappuccino anyone? :D

It equals more bhp per ton which is more important than bhp alone!

But i can see you wernt talking about that!

CB :thumbsup:

yes bhp per tonne, power to weight ratio :)

if you were to put the yaris power into a 500kg car it would fly!

suzuki cappuccino anyone? :D

AX GT!

AX GTI - awesome car in its time. Shame they fall to peices so easily really. My aunt had one when I was 17 as a company car - it died (nothing to do with me). She replaced it with a 205 GTI 1.9 - even more fun.

Dads mate is rallying in a stripped out 205 runnning the Mi16 engine :D Thats like carb'd close to 200bhp for an iccle car :D plus the fact he is a great driver in the twisties means he holds off WRC's, Cossies and scoobies! :D

AX GT >nostalgia thinking< i remember i wanted one of those for ages when i was 16.

cappuccino first choice now for lightness. :P

AX GT (well the revised version in 94 was called a Forte)

This was the same thing :D

And i owned one at the age of 17 both for learning to drive in and as my first car for "Really learning to drive" in :D awesome car, awesome memories - thinking why he got rid of it - well a &#33;Removed&#33; huge repair bill

AX GT (well the revised version in 94 was called a Forte)

This was the same thing :D

And i owned one at the age of 17 both for learning to drive in and as my first car for "Really learning to drive" in :D awesome car, awesome memories - thinking why he got rid of it - well a &#33;Removed&#33; huge repair bill

yes old buggers they be, i thought the forte was the 1.1L GT lookalike? must be me, you're probably right. i didnt do too much homework on them.

I think the Civic ESi would win, sure its a single cam VTEC engine, however i have a Honda CRX Del Sol, single cam vtec, but the spec for my car is 130bhp standard, and am pretty sure the civic esi's have the exact same engine lumps in them as the del sols, if it was an LSi on the other hand which is basically the non vtec version civic then you would ***** all over it, but what you want to do is lighten your car, strip out the back seats, add an induction kit if you dont already have one and have a pipe running through behind the grill of the front bumper to feed some extra air into the engine when you are driving along, if money really is no object then you could go the turbo or the supercharger route then you definitely would kane him!, but in all honesty despite what some may say those single cam vtec hondas are still pretty quick dont be deceived.. but good luck anyway!

I think the Civic ESi would win, sure its a single cam VTEC engine, however i have a Honda CRX Del Sol, single cam vtec, but the spec for my car is 130bhp standard, and am pretty sure the civic esi's have the exact same engine lumps in them as the del sols, if it was an LSi on the other hand which is basically the non vtec version civic then you would ***** all over it, but what you want to do is lighten your car, strip out the back seats, add an induction kit if you dont already have one and have a pipe running through behind the grill of the front bumper to feed some extra air into the engine when you are driving along, if money really is no object then you could go the turbo or the supercharger route then you definitely would kane him!, but in all honesty despite what some may say those single cam vtec hondas are still pretty quick dont be deceived.. but good luck anyway!

vtec and 130 bhp? im just thinking by the time the vtec kicks in you'd be ahead anyway, my cousing said that about his integra type r (DC2) and most of the t sports grunt is in much much earlier revs than vtec levels

vtec and 130 bhp? im just thinking by the time the vtec kicks in you'd be ahead anyway, my cousing said that about his integra type r (DC2) and most of the t sports grunt is in much much earlier revs than vtec levels

this threads getting boring now, but gott look at hte wider picture, no mod = no chance, mod = you'll win

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links