Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1998 Rav4 Engine

BIGMAN75

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THE 2.0L ENGINE IN A 1998 RAV4 WAS USED IN ANY OTHER CAR IN THE TOYOTA RANGE. AS I MAY NEED A NEW ONE!!!

If it's the 3S-FE 2 litre you're on about, which you probably are if it's out of a 1998 model then you're in luck! They were used in most Toyota's of a similar age that had a 2 litre engine in them, like the Avensis/Carina E etc. They can even be found in MR2's if i'm not mistaken. However, there were different versions of the 3S engine so bear that in mind, mostly with different head styles I believe. It's the FE style that will interest you as I said.

So to conclude, there should be plenty of availability. After 1997 in the Rav 4 they changed the engine slightly to run with coil packs instead of a distributor. It was about that year, but i'm not exactly sure on that one. Not sure when they changed it in the other car models, but becuase yours is a 1998 model you are basically looking for the most recent incarnation of the 3S-FE engine.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

If it's the 3S-FE 2 litre you're on about, which you probably are if it's out of a 1998 model then you're in luck!  They were used in most Toyota's of a similar age that had a 2 litre engine in them, like the Avensis/Carina E etc.  They can even be found in MR2's if i'm not mistaken.  However, there were different versions of the 3S engine so bear that in mind, mostly with different head styles I believe.  It's the FE style that will interest you as I said.

So to conclude, there should be plenty of availability.  After 1997 in the Rav 4 they changed the engine slightly to run with coil packs instead of a distributor.  It was about that year, but i'm not exactly sure on that one.  Not sure when they changed it in the other car models, but becuase yours is a 1998 model you are basically looking for the most recent incarnation of the 3S-FE engine.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

CHEERS WILL LOOK INTO IT

Well i'm obviously not far from you and I have a 1998 model too, so if you require another car to compare with at any time, like when the engine is out feel free to ask.

:thumbsup:

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THE 2.0L ENGINE IN A 1998 RAV4 WAS USED IN ANY OTHER CAR IN THE TOYOTA RANGE. AS I MAY NEED A NEW ONE!!!

The 3S-FE engine was also fitted to .....

UK Toyota Picnic 2.0.,

UK Carina II 2.0 1988-1992

UK Toyota Camry 2.0 1983 to 1994

import SS-II celica 2.0 1994 to 1999 :) .

Well i'm obviously not far from you and I have a 1998 model too, so if you require another car to compare with at any time, like when the engine is out feel free to ask.

THANKS! !Removed! CAM BELT WENT RECKONS COULD COST BETWEEN £400 & £900 DEPENDING ON WHATS F**KED

THANKS! !Removed! CAM BELT WENT RECKONS COULD COST BETWEEN £400 & £900 DEPENDING ON WHATS F**KED

May not have done any damage, only one way to find out :thumbsup:

Didn't know it was the cam belt and have been trying to start it several times plus tried bump starting it twice!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crybaby:

Didn't know it was the cam belt and have been trying to start it several times plus tried bump starting it twice!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crybaby:

Oh dear, that's fcuked it then :crybaby: .

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

The engine was also fitted into the 2.0 Avensis, which is not on the list provided by another member.

I have been having some problems with my engine, and according to some info I gleamed from another website the 3S - FE is a non interference engine, so cambelt snapping shouldn't have done any damage.