Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Needed With My Celica St

philip27

I am having a couple of problems with my 96 ST and i am a bit worried. The first is the car seems to rev loads when i put my footdown but there is no power like there used to be then all off a sudden the power comes and the car shoots off. The second is when i have my heater on my screen on full for a long period of time the first to settings on the wippers stop working if then change the heater direction or turn it down they will start to work again after a few minuetes. I am really worried about it at the moment after all the trouble i had with my Paseo earlier this year any help would be great thanks.

I am having a couple of problems with my 96 ST and i am a bit worried. The first is the car seems to rev loads when i put my footdown but there is no power like there used to be then all off a sudden the power comes and the car shoots off.  The second is when i have my heater on my screen on full for a long period of time the first to settings on the wippers stop working if then change the heater direction or turn it down they will start to work again after a few minuetes. I am really worried about it at the moment after all the trouble i had with my Paseo earlier this year any help would be great thanks.

When you say the car revs and has no power - it is moving forward at all? Sounds a bit like a slipping clutch to me.

As for the window wiper heater thing......god only knows what goes on in car electrics....good luck

been and checked it appears to be the clutch any ideas how much it is to replace one, or is it a hard job to do myself?

Thanks for any help

If your handy mechanic try it mate, but its a hard job. clutch is around £100, fitting anything from 200-350 just phone around for best qoutes.

supply the clutch at a mr.clutch depot , they will do it for around £100 , they quoted me £200 for a gt4 which is £1200 at the dealers.

not really an easy job to do on the floor mate, especially as youve never done 1 before, pay some1 to do it, it'l cost u less in the end.

ok thanks alot for the advice will get some one to do it for me then. I normally dont mind having a go at things but i had a feeling this would be hard. When i told my dad he said there was no way he would touch it. Hopefully should not cost to much to get it done.

well the good news is i got a full clutch kit today for £92 thougth that was a pretty good price. Had been getting qouted upto £140 for one from some places.