Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Car Is This From?

threepot

I found this post on tercelonline.com

turbowagon2.jpg

I am interested in the inlet manifold:-

4Einmanifold.jpg

from what car or place can I source one?

what engine code is it?

just found it might be from a 98 corolla sr maybe

Same type as on my EL52 (JDM-4EFE) 1.3 Cynos(1998).

The top picture (fitted to the engine) has been modified for higher boost- not exactly sure how it works...

If its from "TercelOnline" I would assume its from a tercel, which means it should fit a Tercel, Paseo, Cynos, Corolla, maybe even a starlet

its a JDM spec inlet manifold for 4e and 5efe engines a few of the lads with starlets have them fitted and swear by them, aparantly the revs pic up so much quicker

jim

looks like a modified SR item. would give a larger plenum area, which in turn would give better throttle response.

top one has a turbo too, messy but impresive

Thanks, So its a JDM only item then?

some uk starlets too I think.

Needless to say, the most powerful versions of the 4e and 5e ranges *didn't use* that inlet manifold

I dont want to use it as it is, its for ITB conversion, i'm thinking of cutting the runners off it, just leaving 50mm stubbs. Your info will help me in hunting round breakers yards, thanks

its a JDM spec inlet manifold for 4e and 5efe engines a few of the lads with starlets have them fitted and swear by them, aparantly the revs pic up so much quicker

jim

me included!!! :D :yes:

the difference is night and day.

Rich.

A Sera owner tried one of these on his 5E-FHE and it spoilt performance and economy.

well performance feels alot better on the 4efe, before u used to get power at 3000rpm which lasted through till 5000rpm, anything after that and its just making noise and not alot else, whereas this manifold on the 4efe gives bags more torque at 2500rpm, the power comes in shortly after that, and it then pulls right up to the rev limiter at 6200rpm. it may not improve out and out bhp, but it makes the engine so much more useable, its soo much better for overtaking too.

economy seems about the same (but mine was terrible on fuel before anyway).

Rich.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links