Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carina E, Manual Guide?

toyota838

Does anyone have the manual guide of Carina E? Please send me a copy, or if you know where I can find it? Many thanks.

khdung.

I bought one for my car from eBay - they come up every now and again. I got the full package, with the owners manual, security book, radio book, dealer network book etc and the toyota plastic holder for about a tenner.

Steve

Hi,

I'm currently downloading some files by emule, quite slow, but it sounds free so I can wait :-)

I saw you posted some messages about Carina E rattle ... My car has also this strange noise, someone explained in another thread that is because of alternator belt.

In fact, I went to garage, and the mechanic tried running my car for a while, and he thought, there was nothing special, but he recomended me to do a maintenance. I just bought my car, and don't have much money if it is a big maintenance ... so let it be, may be in a next few months I'll comback to garage.

If you have any advice for me from your experiences, don't hésitate.

Have a nice week,

khdung.

Hi

You will see that I have had a hell of a time with mine.

I noticed a very faint rattle on the test-drive, but ignored it (stupid me) as everything else was so good.

It's now been in to the garage for a cumulative total of about 2 weeks. It's had three alternator belts, a used alternator and two new alternators. Also fitted a new water pump.

I would suggest chaging the alternator belt, but don't go for Bosch - I had two faulty Bosch belts. A garage should fit it fairly cheaply and it seems to solve the problem in most cases.

If the rattle persists, a scrap alternator should solve the problem in most cases. I still believe that my old mechanic didn't actually fit the scrap alternator and just told me he had.

Steve

Yes, I read all thread conerning about "Carina E rattle" including yours, they are helpful.

I bought the car when I had only one driving course (2 hours, because I wanted the car for training myself). I didn't know anything about car, even how to drive. After some phone call, I made an appointement with the seller at the train station. He took me to his home where I saw his parents and they said it was a very good car ... I think old people is more serious than young people. Then he drove me at home and said if any problem he would help me (unfortunately, I have no way to contact him now, neither phone or email ...) I took risk, I know but I didn't have other choice, I'm a foreign student ... I will go to a Toyota garage soon, I can take risk for money but not for my life.

Now I've got a provisional driving license. Some time my car rattles and I said to myself that is because I'm not yet a good driver. The ridiculous thing is even when I do nothing, neither clutch nor gas, brake (on high way) just keep the same vitesse and I heard the noisy (it will disappear if I reduce the vitesse a little).

... just for sharing with you what's been going on with my car.

khdung.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

does anybody have manual for carian e,

I'd like to try to figure out something about air

filter, which should clean salon air :D If somebody

have a electronical version of it please send me

thx :)

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have the manual guide of Carina E? Please send me a copy, or if you know where I can find it? Many thanks.

khdung.

I also finding a Owners Manual for Carina ED 1990. If anybody have and kind to mail me please send/contact me tazulhaque@yahoo.com

Or where i can find it on net for free?

I will be oblised to u. Take Care urself and car also!

• 2 months later...

if ya look hard enough you can get the entire toyota workshop manual coving all vehicles on pdf igot mine from

a russian site a while back then my pc died so i too am after a carina manal hop this might help if i find one ill post info here :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I have the damn rattle too, and i think its the cover to the driveshaft thingie or something that is loose. When i got the car i first saw the screw was loose, i tightened it but it fell out after a while. I have considered welding it :P but decided against it, its only audiable when the rpm is below 700 (wich is impossible the toyota garage sais)