Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

G6r Corolla

FineCactus

:eek:

I have just replaced my 94 GXI Corolla for a G6R. Im very please with it, but........why are the alloy so poor? The car has only just been on the road 4 years and only done 20k and they are scabby as hell. I like the style of the wheel but to have them referbed I will lose the black inserts. Does anybody know where I can get replacements without going to Toyota and paying their mad prices??

What does everyone know of the G6R, Im told it wasnt made for long?

post-4-1057402705.jpg

Don't know about the wheels but here's some info I've found on the net. Hope it helps.

They made several versions of the G6. The first was the 1.3 G6, then the 1.6 G6R and the face lifted 1.6 VVT-i G6-SR (badged SR), all with 6 speed gear boxes. The G6R was a 'Rally' edition, came with different grill, bumper, skirts, rear spoiler and red seat belts. It wasn't made for long as they facelifted the Corolla not long after. Don't remember any of the finer tech details (used to be a Toyota saleman), think they only came in either red or black. There may have been changes to the stock suspension setup, but can not be sure.

Wheels for Toyota can be expensive from the dealerships, they wanted a silly price for the ones on my SR, that's after they finally found them in an options catalogue as they where not shown on the Toyota EPC. I shopped around several dealerships till one found a set in stock and sold them to me for £70 a rim (£230 less than the first dealership said they were!!), so you could try several garages or ask your local one to put out a search for them with Toyota GB. Dealerships that have had them in stock for a while may be open to selling them cheap to get them off their stock list.

Good wheel re-finishers may be able to strip and re-paint your wheels at a price and put the darker are back in. Try someone like Pristine Alloy Wheel Refurbishment near Milton Keynes (don't have the number). They have done some of my wheels in the past and they have always come back looking like new (and last longer than stock rims too!)

Hope this helps,

Dave

Looks like my link has gone missing so here's a quick precis. I'll dig out some more when I get he chance.

:eek:

I have just replaced my 94 GXI Corolla for a G6R. Im very please with it, but........why are the alloy so poor? The car has only just been on the road 4 years and only done 20k and they are scabby as hell. I like the style of the wheel but to have them referbed I will lose the black inserts. Does anybody know where I can get replacements without going to Toyota and paying their mad prices??

What does everyone know of the G6R, Im told it wasnt made for long?

Good choice in car mate :thumbsup:

A friend of mine brought a g6r about 5 weeks ago his has 71k miles on it and his wheels seem ok? strange why yours a scabby only after 20k :( If you find a good wheel re-finishers they should be able to sort it for you easy :thumbsup:

Think there where only 500 g6r's made

Cheers lads :thumbsup:

Great info thanks...Im going to have to bite the bullet and decide what to do with the alloys as the car is mint other than them. I have heard a whisper of some alloys from the latest MR2 going spare which may look good, think they are only 14" though :unsure: ...but I'll let you know how I get on.

Anyone going to JAE? Im only just down the road from Billing and will be there.

Anyone going to JAE? Im only just down the road from Billing and will be there.

If your going to the JAE you should jump on the TOC stand :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links