Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Fix An Exhaust? Just For The Moment Will Do

Leeky

I'm ordering my new exhaust on monday thank god but the problem I have right now is that the flexi pipe has a HUGE hole in it and its making my car sound like an american V8 :wacko:

Porblem is i need to give Charis a lift home today and im gonna need to do something to make it shut up for a short drive from Reading to Hayes and back.

Any ideas?

I have a foot square sheet of heat wrap...thought i could jack the car up and wrap this around the flexipipe then cable tie it.

The cable ties shouldn't melt as the heat wrap will protect them.

Other than that i dont have a clue :crybaby:

never had to bodge flexi pipe before, on standard pipe ive plastered it with zorst putty and tape that got me well over 70 miles before !

Quick fix...............get a tin of soup, eat the soup, cut both ends off the tin and then cut it top to bottom. wrap the tin round the offending pipe and secure with 2 jubilee clips. Job done ( and you got some nourishment out of it too )

Quick fix...............get a tin of soup, eat the soup, cut both ends off the tin and then cut it top to bottom. wrap the tin round the offending pipe and secure with 2 jubilee clips. Job done ( and you got some nourishment out of it too )

You sir are a genius! :D

Possible answers to your problem

1....Put Caz on a train :(

2....Let her stop over for another night :thumbsup:

But seriously heat wrap with jubilee clips and liberal dose of exhaust putty should do the job....................but drive with the windows open so you dont suffocate.

On reflection choice number 2 seems the best bet! :D ;)

You sir are a genius! :D

marvelous!

top man is our Rich!

Dude I drovve all the way to canvey island with noting but a downpipe.... it was fine!!! (the tunnels were cool lol)

Its no the hole or the noise that worries me, its whether or not the exhaust will stay on :P :lol:

I dont want it coming off down the motorway and bouncing around under my car....god knows what damage it will do :wacko:

It should have fasteners all down the car!!! especially being rally inspired!!!!!

The on;ly reason my exhasut actually fell off was because it was missing TWO hangers!