Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turbo For My Car

denzilst202

ok i now know that my celica gt st202 can be turbo charged. anybody know what turbo (manifold and other bits) that will fit on my engine wether it be from another car or not.

thank you.

Once you've got the turbo manifold and a turbo that matches upto it your away, get a downpipe (easy way find one that fits or get a good welder), you'll need oil feed and return, fuelling system, clutch, brakes, IC would be a nicety, so many different bits to do, I've just done it on the 5 saying the same as you I like a challenge.

Personally would recommend buying a GT4 although it is possibly to go for bigger power than standard by doing yourself but it is not as easy as you may think :D

ok i got the 3sge engine. as far as i'm aware the 3sgte turbo manifold and turbo will bolt on.

It will bolt on, but the first time the turbo spins up your engine will fail. The pistons are different, the cam duration is different, the ECU can't handle a turbo.

The best you can hope to do is a low pressure (6 psi max) turbo conversion. Even then you will need some kind of modified ECU.

You would seriously be better off not getting a turbo and instead getting Nitros :yes:

Would be an easier install and should provide the same power boost as a low blow turbo :yes:

ok i got the 3sge engine. as far as i'm aware the 3sgte turbo manifold and turbo will bolt on.

It will bolt on, but the first time the turbo spins up your engine will fail. The pistons are different, the cam duration is different, the ECU can't handle a turbo.

The best you can hope to do is a low pressure (6 psi max) turbo conversion. Even then you will need some kind of modified ECU.

As long as you !Removed! the timing on the engine you should be fine, an f-con mini although a crude way of doing it would be fine to sort out fueling and prevent any early detonation, the ecu should be fine.

You would definately need ot run low pressure 6 is about spot on until you had sorted out larger injectors, better fueling/timing system (emanage is cheap but does the job very well) and will allow you to map the engine on the fly...

As said it the job does open up a large kettle of fish, it is not as easy as going out to buy a GT4, if you are going to install the GT4 turbo it would be alot better to buy the GT4, at least then you would also have a warranty if anything went wrong.

Get a GTE block .. you'll need new cams (£400), pistons (£400), ECU (£500), then the manafolds (£200) .. then all the bits like looms, MAP/AFM sensors, dyno time ..

And at the end you'll have 200bhp ..

Where for £1000 get a turbo engine and drop it in, no tuning no hastle, and a minimum of 220bhp.