Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Biggest Annoyance

rickers

I'll kick off,

I have driven my dad's for a couple of weeks now,, as he is without driving license, long story, but he got it from the DVLA yesterday.

my biggest gripe, is that now it has gone dark when i drive to work, is that you can see the green reflection from the speedo on the front windscreen, and it is exactly where i look through.

i have put a black piece of paper to cover it up, but very annoying. don't use white paper or tape, as it will refelct during the day and be just as bad !!

what do you hate most ??

rickers

Rickers,if you look on eBay under Toyota Prius (worldwide setting),you will find that some Americans produce an add on `hood` arrangement to prevent this problem.

I don`t have that problem myself so I would guess it`s dependant on your height and seat position.

Thing I hate most is the all too easily scatched paint work! :censor:

I almost dread washing the car as I know there will be lots of new scatches! :!Removed!:

Other than that I rather like my Prius and my Wife loves the car because it`s so ludicrously easy to drive! :D

That irritating light that comes on when the outside temp drops to 3 degrees C.

I know when its cold. I don't need the car to tell me!

I had that speedo reflection, untill I figured out how to reduce the brightness. (its in the manual) but boy its not obvious!

That irritating light that comes on when the outside temp drops to 3 degrees C.

I know when its cold. I don't need the car to tell me!

Yep that is sooo annoying. How can I turn it off?

• 2 weeks later...

Poor manuals... Got mine out to see if I needed to do anyhing differnt in the recent snow! No help whatsoever Just really bad english, think we should start a post on really bad unhelpful phasing in the manual. As for the bluetooth manual, I am sure that I have not got every set up correctly, or if I have it is really poor. hate having to wait until the called party answers before it mutes the radio and connects.

How annoying is it that the person sat behind you is in traffic is benfiting from your low/no emissions yet you're sat there breathing in the c**p from the Peugot tractor in front of you? :help:

Oi! My Peugeot tractor is a Toyota! :ffs:

Use to turn my old car off when it was idling, but now I have to put the selector in neutral and press the brake pedal to start it which is kind of annoying if you've already got the car rolling! (Why no stop-go like in the C3?)Oh by the way I get 47-54mpg petrol, still rather get the 68mpg I use to get in my old AX :) that was in 1989 too. Plus ca change :bye:

ps the english in the manual is quirky kind of :drool:

• 2 weeks later...

Oi! My Peugeot tractor is a Toyota! :ffs:

Use to turn my old car off when it was idling, but now I have to put the selector in neutral and press the brake pedal to start it which is kind of annoying if you've already got the car rolling! (Why no stop-go like in the C3?)Oh by the way I get 47-54mpg petrol, still rather get the 68mpg I use to get in my old AX :) that was in 1989 too. Plus ca change :bye:

ps the english in the manual is quirky kind of :drool:

You don`t need to press the brake pedal to move from Neutral to Drive - so you can do it moving. Try it.

Tell you what is most annoying. The 12v power supply inside the arm rest. It is a pain using the road angel cos the cable messes up everything stored in the arm rest storage area. Could have done with another power supply in the back for the kids to watch the portable tvs.

Last but not least, it is the beeping noise everytime i reverse. I'd prefer a "REVERSE" on the monitor/display.

Other than that its a brilliant car.

You don`t need to press the brake pedal to move from Neutral to Drive - so you can do it moving. Try it.

Or indeed Reverse<->Drive. It's only to get out of Park you need to press the brake.

He was talking about his Peugeot 107 though, I think.

Don't think what I am doing you are meant to do, its just when I am stuck in trafic, tend to turn the motor off on a slight slope, then let the car roll a bit when ever the traffic moves, like when you are heading towards Skipton through Headingley :ffs: but if suddenly the traffic starts to shift you got to put your foot on the brake, its on a circuit with the starter. No worries use to it now, just tend not to turn the motor off :( which I know is wasteful but was worried about causing an accident, no problem about brakes though the servo is token in the aygo/107/c1 or maybe my legs are bit hefty because I cycle :) , your priuss are kind of cool but I still wonder what they would be like if they had less Battery, a 1.4 d4d 90ps, and a stop-start coaster like vw use to out in the audi A2 3L, that was a 4 door 4 seater that did 85mpg :P , was only LHD though and no more :wacko: