Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thinking Of Selling

admanirv

Hi,

I saved up a bit nearly enough but i think its time to move on to an honda s2000, which ive wanted for a long time only need a little bit more £ to get one, question is how much is my t sport worth, i was thinking £5200.

ht51 plate, manfucaturerd in 2002

new tyres

12 month mot

6 month road tax

immacualte inside and out

34k miles. thunder grey

tinted windows

mods - but will be taken off

uprated Speakers allround and panasonic mp3.

needs serviced in may.

thank you

adam

Around the 5k mark if your going to trade in, i wouldnt waste your time trying to sell privately no one seems to have any luck :thumbsup:

You'll get more than that.. I did..and it was still less that book value.

do a search on Autotrader.....and other on-line sources for comparative prices.

www.Parkers.co.uk is a well known one. That will come back with something closer to 6k.

with the t3 around the corner though..it may well bring the price down a couple of hundred.

Vipes

I've got an S2000 .. bit of a step from a Yaris?

And now is the time to buy, but not the time to drive.

What you after and what's your limit?

I've got an S2000 .. bit of a step from a Yaris?

And now is the time to buy, but not the time to drive.

What you after and what's your limit?

when i asked ages ago think id get 4950 for a trade in, theres a few CAT D repaired s2000 with full history about at the 8k mark. ive got about 4k to spend

Yeah its a step up thats why i want one i took one out for a test drive and loved it. Yeah winters here so they'll be cheapish, but rear drive tricky in the wet.

Im after a year 2000-2001 silver with red interior. dont want to mod it really prob jsut a mugen air filter and thats it.

I'd not even look at Cat D .. VERY dodgy.

Also no point with the intake *really*. The stock one is a masive cone filter.

Have a look over at www.s2ki.co.uk ..

not wanting to put a downer on it, just a frienly warning a young lad near me bourght one with some money his grandma gave him, he was driving too fast for the conditions, he was on the border of spinning out and the v-tec kicked (so he told the firemen as soon as they got there) he went through the fence + down a bank into a 3 foot wide tree. sadly he didn't get out of the car alive :( he was very good friends with a load i know, and he was very very upset, what really upset him was the lad said the day before "this car is going to kill me"......... they buried him on friday.... :(

oh + nothing wrong with cat D at all??? just avoid cat C's (as these needed a vehicle inspection after being repaired)... and ffs if you get one just be carefull.

sorry to here that fella its alwys sad when someone dies in a car carsh.

im still debating to get as im nearly there £ wise, yeah have to watch out, i like fast cars, ive already written off one yaris.

I looked into CAT D nothing wrong really jsut need be careful.

cheers bud

I'd actually suggest getting something else RWD first ..

I've owned an NA MR2 for 18 months, and then a Turbo MR2 for 4 years before I swapped, and it's different to anything else.

Sorry to hear about your mate. But the S2k is not a firendly car, you ALWAYS have to be checking what you are dooing all the time.

Thoughts on this are:

Wait until you are older. By that time you will have more money and will be able to afford a mint one and you'll have better choice of colours, specs etc. You will also have more experience of the road. In that time i would recommend either a rally driving course or some high-speed driving tuition. This takes you through all kinds of driving and will give you valuable driving skills for life.

Plus, insurance will be lower and the cost of the car will be lower due to depreciation.

I'd actually suggest getting something else RWD first ..

I've owned an NA MR2 for 18 months, and then a Turbo MR2 for 4 years before I swapped, and it's different to anything else.

Sorry to hear about your mate. But the S2k is not a firendly car, you ALWAYS have to be checking what you are dooing all the time.

:thumbsup: i agree with ben, VERY VERY good idea.

Thoughts on this are:

Wait until you are older. By that time you will have more money and will be able to afford a mint one and you'll have better choice of colours, specs etc. You will also have more experience of the road. In that time i would recommend either a rally driving course or some high-speed driving tuition. This takes you through all kinds of driving and will give you valuable driving skills for life.

Plus, insurance will be lower and the cost of the car will be lower due to depreciation.

cheers, insurance is no prob its 880 fully comp. Im just saving up now. but by the time i can afford a mint one, s2000's will be phased out by the new one :( .

Ive been driving a my dads new rx8 so ive got used to, been put on insurance whilst hes away, so im getting plenty of experience :thumbsup:

No offence - but I'd have thought that theres a world of difference between an S2000 and an RX8

performance they aint, almost identical both rwd. i havent driven an s2000 that much, driven the x8 more, he only had it 3week. great car

Yeh Rx-8's rule so hard! went on a experience day at prodrive (you get for free when you buy one brand new) and went round in a car for a day! sooo good! there brakes and handling are superb! 50:50 weight distribution! My dad took a guys on the skid pan and the electronics are so amazing! plus a 100mph emergency stop with hands off the wheel shows the steering wheel adjusting itself :D And then you can take all the electronics off and have a mental RWD! IMMENSE!

Plus they rev to stupidly high revs!

The RX8 is a rep car at the end of the day .. 4 door (well 2 and 2 halfs) 4 seats. Has rubbish MPG and uses a LOT of oil.

The S2000 is a dedicated roadster, 250ps on import (247bhp) and no TC :D 9,000 red line.

There will be no more S2000 .. it's not been a great seller (and one of the reasons owners love them - it's not as popular as a boxter) and Honda is scrapping it. Probably due the same time as the new NSX.

There appears to have been only a few revisions so far. The earlier the revision the more "twitchy" the car (I've got a '99, before it was released to the UK :) )

Thoughts on this are:

...In that time i would recommend either a rally driving course or some high-speed driving tuition. This takes you through all kinds of driving and will give you valuable driving skills for life...

I agree with this, but make sure you can take the tuition in a RWD car... not much point otherwise as you'll be learning in a different animal.

I also agree you should try another RWD car first, something cheaper to buy and insure. FWD can give you a false sense of confidence which may bite you in the backside if you jump to an S2K too soon :thumbsup:

Good luck!

The RX8 is a rep car at the end of the day .. 4 door (well 2 and 2 halfs) 4 seats. Has rubbish MPG and uses a LOT of oil.

The S2000 is a dedicated roadster, 250ps on import (247bhp) and no TC :D 9,000 red line.

There will be no more S2000 .. it's not been a great seller (and one of the reasons owners love them - it's not as popular as a boxter) and Honda is scrapping it. Probably due the same time as the new NSX.

There appears to have been only a few revisions so far. The earlier the revision the more "twitchy" the car (I've got a '99, before it was released to the UK :) )

thats why i like an s2000, aint many about here and its a bit like yaris t sport :P

thats why i like an s2000, aint many about here and its a bit like yaris t sport  :P

:blink: erm, okay. FWD 1.5l shopping car vs 250bhp RWD roadster.

I'll just give you the warnings .. the usual transition from FWD to RWD involves at LEAST one expensive off road incident .. and in an S2000 a sideward slide into a cerb has a going rate of 8k for repairs.

Not that Im too impressed with the 'shopping car' reference but I agree wholeheartedly!

My missus is now driving an NA MR2 and trust me its taken her a fair few weeks to 'learn' how it handles. Shes had powerful cars before (celicas etc) but its completely different.

thats why i like an s2000, aint many about here and its a bit like yaris t sport  :P

:blink: erm, okay. FWD 1.5l shopping car vs 250bhp RWD roadster.

I'll just give you the warnings .. the usual transition from FWD to RWD involves at LEAST one expensive off road incident .. and in an S2000 a sideward slide into a cerb has a going rate of 8k for repairs.

whatever, i meaning there rarish, anyways no time like the present ill still get a rwd drive, im driving an rwd now. i appreicate everyone concern but ill learn. A yaris could be as dangerous as an s200o depends who you are and how stupid you drive it.

When all said and done its only 250bhp its no poo your pants supercar

When all said and done its only 250bhp its no poo your pants supercar

You are right .. it's only 250bhp. I never stated it was a supercar, or even a sportscar .. it's a roadster. It's a little 1997cc NA drop top.

But it *IS* RWD ..

I went from a 85bhp AX to my 158bhp MR2 and I spun the thing too often, it was almost a weekly occurence. Took me a year to finally get to grips with it, and then I got a turbo. Which was still catching me out on tracks 3 years later.

The S2000 is probably worse for beginner RWD drivers than an MR2 turbo. It's lighter, smaller wheel base and has no weight over the rear.

It's also a LOT of money to invest in a car that you may stack in the first day.

But then I'm happy with 5's for 0-60, high 13's/low 14's for the quater and a top end of about 160. Then being able to put the roof down and pose all the way home. (The S2000 is apparently quicker round the Nur' than the NSX according to Honda's test drivers).

[whatever, i meaning there rarish, anyways no time like the present ill still get a rwd drive, im driving an rwd now. i appreicate everyone concern but ill learn. A yaris could be as dangerous as an s200o depends who you are and how stupid you drive it.

No problem, if you *really* want one .. get one :D They are loverly cars to drive, good for daily use, cheap to run and damn fine on thelimit if you know what you are doing.

If I can help, let me know. Just hoping I'm helping you remove the rose tinted glasses for a second but if you decide it's still the car for you. I can help you look ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links