Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeeky Front Seats

mannors007

Hi guys. I'm a new Toyota owner, having just bought an Aygo. I have had it 7 weeks and am really pleased with it. However the front seats squeek every time I move. Its SOO annoying :censor: Its been back to my local Toyota dealership to have it fixed (which they did) but just 4 weeks on and the squeeks returned. Has anyone experienced this?

Any advice welcome.

Andrew

Yes, on my Yaris. It was just the driver's seat (no fat jokes!) and at first I thought it was only when the car was cold but pretty soon it happened most of the time. Most of the time that is, until I took it to Mr T who sat in it, moved forward and back, side to side, jumped up and down... nothing!

Didn't matter as they changed the seat frame under warranty anyway and no squeaks since. :thumbsup:

If you get them to sort out yours and it's got seat airbags, make sure they remember to reconnect them. They forgot on mine!

Cheers mate. I dont want to critise the car because its just so amazing otherwise, but a constant squeek drives you mad. Hopefully when I take it back to my local Toyota dealership they will get a new frame in. And my Aygo does have side bags so I will check they have been reconnected.

my 107 seats squeak thought it was a french thing :( might get something done if it gets worse :rolleyes: not squeaking today lol, but back seats make a lot of noise when folded, BUT I get lots of raspy exhaust :lol::thumbsup:

my 107 seats squeak thought it was a french thing :(

It probably is, afterall the 107 and Aygo will have the same seat mechanism being the same car made in the same factory.

they are made in the czech republic though :) http://www.tpca-cz.com/en/about_factory.php

seems the squeak might be temperature sensitive, because sometimes it does and other times it does n't, lots of metal and plastic stuff so these will have different expansion rates, don't know whether I mentioned this before but once had an AX diesel and after a few thousand miles that had its own full size salsa orchestra going :( but it did have independant rear suspension (that means neat handling and comfy ride :) surely Mr T IRS does n't cost soo much?

• 3 months later...

Finally had the time to take my Aygo back to the dealership to have the squeeky front seats looked at (and the rattling exhaust AND the fact there is coolant spray all over the engine bay like its boiled up) and apparently it needs 2 new front seat frames. These should arrive soon.

Just hope I dont encounter any more problems with it.

:eek: