Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Corolla(uk) Condensation Inside Roof

jm0221

Hi,

I have a 1993 Toyota Corolla 5 door 1.6i Executive with a factory fitted sunroof. About a month ago on some really wet days it started leaking like a sieve which I am 99% sure is the sunroof seal. I took the headcloth down and the whole sunroof out, cleaned all the runners, seals etc but it made little difference. I know there is channels to take any water that does get in away but the shear amount that was getting in I put down to a crap seal. New one from Toyota was £100 so out came the tube of Tec7 at the weekend and I sealed it up. That was a few days ago and it has been fairly cold here (in Northern Ireland, Belfast) so I've had the blowers on in the morning to get warm etc. The headcloth isn't back in so I have access to the entire sunroof mechanism.

My question and on going problem is around the amount of condensation on the inside of the roof (all over it). What could be causing it? Is it because the headcloth isn't back in place? Before I sealed up the sunroof I had the headcloth up but I could peek in behind it and could see condensation forming but I put this down to the area in general getting wet. Was my diagnosis wrong?

At the minute I have a sealed up sunroof which I'm certain isn't letting anything through but a lot of condensation on the inside of the roof. :help: Would putting the headcloth back up now give insulation or would I just be hiding it for a few weeks before it pools and drips back into the car.

This is really started to p"£$ me off as I've spent countless hours trying to work out the problem. Has anyone had something similar with their car?

Thanks in advance of any information that can help.

John Mc

Hi,

I have a 1993 Toyota Corolla 5 door 1.6i Executive with a factory fitted sunroof. About a month ago on some really wet days it started leaking like a sieve which I am 99% sure is the sunroof seal. I took the headcloth down and the whole sunroof out, cleaned all the runners, seals etc but it made little difference. I know there is channels to take any water that does get in away but the shear amount that was getting in I put down to a crap seal. New one from Toyota was £100 so out came the tube of Tec7 at the weekend and I sealed it up. That was a few days ago and it has been fairly cold here (in Northern Ireland, Belfast) so I've had the blowers on in the morning to get warm etc. The headcloth isn't back in so I have access to the entire sunroof mechanism.

My question and on going problem is around the amount of condensation on the inside of the roof (all over it). What could be causing it? Is it because the headcloth isn't back in place? Before I sealed up the sunroof I had the headcloth up but I could peek in behind it and could see condensation forming but I put this down to the area in general getting wet. Was my diagnosis wrong?

At the minute I have a sealed up sunroof which I'm certain isn't letting anything through but a lot of condensation on the inside of the roof.  :help:  Would putting the headcloth back up now give insulation or would I just be hiding it for a few weeks before it pools and drips back into the car.

This is really started to p"£$ me off as I've spent countless hours trying to work out the problem. Has anyone had something similar with their car?

Thanks in advance of any information that can help.

John Mc

if you just put the head lining bach it woulod just hide it for a while, have you checked all the seals on the car. have you checked that your windows are fully closing, if not fully closing then quite alot of condensation will build up over a few weeks.

but certenaly sounds like a seal problem.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links