Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

May Be About To Join The Gang...

sprite

It'll be ok Sprite - its still winter for a few months..... just have a look after you buy it when its all steamed up and check and if its dodgy, get them to replace it! :thumbsup:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sprite

• Demonic Angel

• Al J

• Woody27

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and one other thing, I think it's just the light but in that pic of "your" car that shows its rear (oo-er!) there is a break in the reflection.

That rear valance (below the bumper) is very thin metal and can crease easily with the slightest of bumps as some of us on here know only too well. :rolleyes:

Just run your hand over it to check it's OK (just in line below the screw on the "U" on the numberplate and go to the right along to the end of the valance.)

As I said, prob just the light. If it is damaged, make like you're devastated and I'm sure they'll offer to fix it.

I see what you mean Al.... it does look like its the light.... but yes Sprite, check the body work and query any lumps or bumps with them..... :thumbsup:

It is a gorgeous car though..... so pretty.... I'm like a magpie to anything shiny! :lol:

Tomorrow I have to sort out my AX! It's in good nick, aside from the problems I know about, but it looks ok. They're not having the Christmas Crackers I've stashed in it though (they look pretty..) or my Kenwood!

Its a forum I've been on longer than I have been on TOC - I also moderate one of their forums as well!  ;)

Blue84 is also a member too, thats where I know her from, as is Keeperofthegate, but he's rarely around since he bought his Ibiza

I met Sprite for the first time a few days ago and have been answering her Yaris questions - she signed up of her own free will... I didnt force her.... honest!  :lol: (Makes a change!)  :lol:  :lol:

Just a quick message as I'm off to bed but yep I'm here too!

Not yet Em, they've not seen it so bringing it along on Thursday. I'll be happy with £500...

One other "one other thing". Front of car, particularly the bonnet. Check for stone chips. There's bound to be some after 41k. If they haven't already touched them up, tell them you want it doing (assuming you buy the car). It's not exactly a difficult job but you don't have a dog and bark yourself, do you, eh? ;)

Well, I've got my fingers crossed for Thursday for you hun - I hope it all turns out well for you!

And dont worry about the stereo - plenty of people are around to help you fit it - loads of people on here have done it (not me though I'm afraid - bog standard CD player for mine!) :lol:

And once you buy, you'll have to become a GoldMember and save on parts and servicing and get funky stickers for your car! :thumbsup:

Right, I called Toyota Finance (their name & number was on the AA Data Check - handy!) and got a reply very quickly. Finance is clear on it, so paperwork just being slow :)

It’s all been said really, everyone has beaten me to it! I was going to say: cam chain and not a belt so it’s maintenance free, the engine will go forever as long as you give it regular oil and filter changes (I do mine every 6k).

Take your fella and sit in the back seats for 10 minutes and it will soon steam up!

If the rear heated windscreen doesn’t work and Mr T is performing, then its £50 from your insurance company for a new one and it won’t affect your no claims, if you catch my drift?!

The Yaris wins hands down over your AX which does have a cam belt, the Yaris has a 16 valve VVTi engine. You will love the Yaris. It looks like a phase 1 and there’s a good chance it was built in Japan (look for the sticker in the top driver’s corner on the windscreen)

Good luck

I really really want five doors though :\ That's part of why it's a bit pricier I would imagine but I will be certainly using that car as a bargaining tool!!!

At this rate you're going to be so well prepared they'll be giving you money...

i think black looks drug dealer

:ph34r:

I'd say it looks gangsta mate! :D

How does the 1.0 hold up?

Great engines, my brother still swears its not a 1 litre but against him in his T-Sport it's night and day obviously! :thumbsup:

£6500 is a bit beyond my budget though and when you think of it in terms of spending that on a three year old car... hrmm...

Not meaning to go too far off topic, where is a good place to look for second hand yaris as i have under £4k to spend on my Red SR and i try autotrader and exchangeandmart regularly but they only have a small amount of 1.3's. I have found lots on there over time in my price range but no Red SRs :( I just wondered if there is another site you guys can recomend for second hand cars thats any good?

I use Autotrader too with not much luck.. try adtrader maybe? Otherwise ring a dealer and see if they can source one?

You, my friend, are an absolute legend! Adtrader found me a Red SR W reg, 40k miles, £3.4k!!!! I may have to pursue that with rents!

Oh, yay! I helped.

Just been looking at all the arty farty pics... maybe I'll take 'mine' up on the Downs...

Come on Thursday!!!

I dont like the 2nd one, the silver CDX....

I like the Caldera Red Colour Collection! :lol::lol:

And at least the outstanding finance is sorted! :thumbsup:

Why is it only Tuesday?

WHY WHY WHY!?

Gonna clean up my AX and see about swapping over the stereo...

.... just in case, like...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links