Stereo - Yaris

nog

hi i was just wonderin if any1 new much bout the yaris stereo

it is a factory stereo but just wonderin if it will b internal or external amp

cause im gettin an fm modulator and they told me i need 2 no wat it is

any help wud b gr8 :P

cheers

pls help me im a 15yr old girl and its 4 a present i need 2 no :(

If its any help.. i have 2 FM Modulators attached to my factory unit.. 1 for the mp3 player, and 1 for the roof mount dvd player.

hav since found otu that fm modulators r illegal in the uk is this true?

it is 4 cassettes i was wantin it so if any1 noes any other way that i can play them any help wud b gd

wud it b possible to get an mp3 adapter thing and plug a walkman in or sumat lyk that?

hav since found otu that fm modulators r illegal in the uk is this true?

it is 4 cassettes i was wantin it so if any1 noes any other way that i can play them any help wud b gd

wud it b possible to get an mp3 adapter thing and plug a walkman in or sumat lyk that?

There is two types of FM modulator - a wired one, and a wireless one

The wired one plugs into the rear of the stereo where the aerial normally plugs in and the aerial then plugs into the modulator. You then select a freq on the modulator and then tune the radio to that freq. You can then plug just about anything in (mp3 player, cassette player, dvd player, xbox etc etc)

The Wireless type is similar but actually has a mini FM transmitter in it which transmitts at a certain frequency. The was a discussion on here a few months ago about whether or not they were legal. Peugeot have put Clarion CD changers in the boot of their cars which use an FM transmitter so I can't personally see that they would be illegal. They are only very short range so it shouldn't be an issue. Just watch out for the cheapo ones on eBay as a lot of them will be on foreign frequencies which may well be illegal to transmit on