Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Red Line

earpl

Think mods like de cat or sports cat affect it.

rubbish, its programmed into the ECU at the limiter

you may find the dash and dials are out of wad but all the ECUs will go to the same level

Fair enough only way to truley find out is to put it on a rolling road then

Its low for a variable valve timed car, be good to change it to say 8k :lol:

about 6900 rpm for me.... rob if you remember when me an lee had our on the RR the guy got straight out of mine and said to lee "that one rev's higher than yours mate" im just rying to sus my car out thats all, its weird it revs high and has quite a few subtle differences to the uk TSport.... e.g it had a vitz air intake :s

So yours is an import, mines a jap import, you got a pic of that intake?

chris, a proper test then fair enough, with an computer based rpm speed pulse sensor

most people are relying on the gauge :rolleyes:

Mines is a bit above 6.2k but not much ... and Earpl yours does feel 'looser' - I always put it down to your decat.

Your brakes suck though!

missus is 6200rpm.

far too early in my opinion, car just gets motoring and rev limit is there lol!!

This is our only critisism of the car, but we keep talkin bout it. if its ECU controlled you cant change it either can you?

JK

Mine redlines at 6200rpm, but rev limiter doesn't cut in until about 6600rpm.

Some things have changed since mods though... previously 31mph in 1st and car hit limiter, now it's 34mph, same for 2nd gear, that was 62mph, now it's 66mph.

I havn't limiter in 3rd because it's over 90mph and that's plenty quick enough! :thumbsup:

[quoteSome things have changed since mods though... previously 31mph in 1st and car hit limiter, now it's 34mph, same for 2nd gear, that was 62mph, now it's 66mph.

]

wot mods hav u done and relise the difference?? mines always hit the limiters @ 66 in 2nd gear..

Ray

Header, filter and sports cat made the difference. I'll check later what the actual figures are... im sure that what they were... unless it was 69mph now when it hit the limiter... i couldn't remember and 69mph sounded quite far fetched, but if you've always had 66mph then that was probably the actual figure.

about 6900 rpm for me.... rob if you remember when me an lee had our on the RR the guy got straight out of mine and said to lee "that one rev's higher than yours mate" im just rying to sus my car out thats all, its weird it revs high and has quite a few subtle differences to the uk TSport.... e.g it had a vitz air intake :s

what figures did lee get on rolling road, though he hadnt got his on rr with his full mods?.

thats very strange 6900 how can it if ecu controls it?, mines got a decat i nver take it above red line ie 6200, you actaully lose power taking it above 6200?, or at put loads of stress on egine?.

you reckon i dastek could chnage this?

Mine is cutting in just before 7k, maybe the gauge, once i got a few more engine mods on she will be on the dyno

Ok Im gonna say this only once ( said in an allo allo accent) - the UNichip from dastek cant:

1. Alter warning lights (like the one that the decat causes to come on)

2. Alter basic settings like the rev limiter etc

It Can:

1. Alter the fuel air mixture

2. Alter the fuelling within the parameters the pump allows

3. Alter the air allowed into the injectors

Its a piggyback computer that allows the original parameters to be altered within the boundaries of the components themselves.

If you add more mods it can be remapped to take the new mods into account. It IS adviseable to get a remap if you buy a second hand one.

mine apprantly limits at (or did when modded) 5850, i think, peak power was at 4777 at 125.7 bhp, but it ran a 16.061 gtr and second time at pod did a 16.1 out of only 1 attempt