Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Want Opinions On Value Of Car

boundsw

Guys.

Just want opinions on what you think my car would be worth, if I was to sell.

(This is NOT an advert, I am not selling yet!)

1990 Black MR2 REV1 GT Turbo T-Bar

Exterior:

Black

Tinted side repeaters

Tinted rear lights

T-Bar

Full Border Body Kit

Toms Scoop

17" Wheels

Eibach Lowering Springs Sportline

Interior:

Alpine MP3/WMA CD player

HKS EVC 5 Boost Controller

Greddy Boost Gauge

Blitz Turbo Timer

Sports Steering Wheel

1/2 Leathers

A/C (and usual GT trim extras)

Engine:

Stage one CT26 Hybrid Turbo

De-catt

Straight threw exhaust (twin 5" Exit)

Cooler Grade denso plugs

Greddy Oil Catch Can

PiperX induction kit

Bailey BOV

Greddy eManage Mappable ECU

Just over 100,000 miles on clock

All MOT's since in UK

Cheers :thumbsup:

Difficult to say without seeing the car's physical condition and service history but I would estimate about £2000ish. The mileage is decent for it's age and it's well known T-Bar's hold their value well. The mods won't make much difference to price to be honest.

The mods won't make much difference to price to be honest.

so does that mean if boundsw takes off his mods and sticks stock stuff on it itll still be about the same?

if so maybe that means you can save urself some buying boundsw for whatever new beastie your getting :D :thumbsup:

so does that mean if boundsw takes off his mods and sticks stock stuff on it itll still be about the same?

if so maybe that means you can save urself some buying boundsw for whatever new beastie your getting :D :thumbsup:

about right, it has to be something rare (TRD kid) for it to be worth any extra ..

the price is the same, mods can just make you car more desireable.

about right, it has to be something rare (TRD kid) for it to be worth any extra ..

the price is the same, mods can just make you car more desireable.

or less... depending on the buyer.

I would always reccomend turning a car back to as stock as possible before selling, because, as Ben says, unless its something rare and special, then it wont make much difference to the price the car is worth.

And you'd make more money by selling the mods seperatly.

mods usually depreciate the value faster... if you put a custom spoiler on, thats big holes in your boot, and if the person doesnt like it, thats money he spends on fixing it. I'd say 2200, 2500 if your pushing it, but, its hard to see many rev1s with less than 100000 miles thats been in the UK for a while now, most under that are imported - so i guess you have been using it quite a bit?

as dawolf said, hard to tell without pics, but no doubt good condition, no rust since its imported (depending upon how long you've had it over here of course).

you may get 2500 if you push it, btw when it was imported did you go through middle man to get it? some charge pretty high prices i must say

i would say about 3k. to the right person, the mods will make it more desirable and provide a good basis for them to modify it some more.

personally i would take it back to stock as you will probably make about 3.5k on it

Cheers Guys, Ill get some pics up at the weekend, ill have to give er a clean 1st !!

I would really like a Skyline, if I could afford one, but to be honest, Im thinking of blowing it all on getting out of this hell hole ! Gonna do a year round the world I think !

i would say about 3k. to the right person, the mods will make it more desirable and provide a good basis for them to modify it some more.

personally i would take it back to stock as you will probably make about 3.5k on it

You gotta be kidding! Sorry but a 1990 rev 1 with 100k+ miles isn't gonna fetch anywhere near that. Even if the bodywork is mint all round it will only get about £2500 and that's being optimistic. There are too many rev 2's going cheaply. There are even rev 3's available for less than £4k now.

Cheers Guys, Ill get some pics up at the weekend, ill have to give er a clean 1st !!

I would really like a Skyline, if I could afford one, but to be honest, Im thinking of blowing it all on getting out of this hell hole ! Gonna do a year round the world I think !

Sounds good man .. I'm so tempted to do the same ..

if either of you guys do the 'outa here' thing have great times :thumbsup: this country gets too much with its daily grind of monotony and news fueled despair :yes:

I'm an aussie by birth .. so I can just go back.

But I've got to see a few things round here first.

I'm an aussie by birth .. so I can just go back.

But I've got to see a few things round here first.

You lucky lucky sod :lol:

im looking forward to the day i try and leave blighty for good and the uk government tell me no cos ill be dumping all my interests in this country rofl

yes the gov can actually do that as any whove tried to emigrate might well know :yes: spose it IS a DEMOCRACY *insidious sarcasm :lol:

Well I got offered £4K for my car if I traded it in. So on a private sale I would expect quite a bit more.

Mileage is 59K miles.

I'm looking to sell it come spring/summer time and I'll be looking to get £6K+ for it. TBH, I think I will be able to quite easily.

Jim, what year is yours? Mileage is important when it comes to price and 59k is pretty low hence it's worth more. Personally I wouldn't pay any more than 3k for a rev 1 turbo, especially with high-ish mileage.

What about mine? J plate, Rev 1 GT Turbo, 55k miles, Red, Totally standard apart from an Apexi induction kit and an Apexi BOV. I was thinking £2,600ish!

I dont really get the whole rev1 hold up !

My Turbo is a NEW hybrid, so no chance of that blowing !

Car has upratted suspension, which has done away with the REV1 handling !

And other desirable mods, Boost controller and Body Kit etc etc.

Im hopefully looking at 3k for her I rekon.

Thanks for the input guys.

(oh, and Im starting on March 1 2006 !!! - Booked Gatwick - Thailand, after that , who knows.................)

Im hopefully looking at 3k for her I rekon.

Thanks for the input guys.

(oh, and Im starting on March 1 2006 !!! - Booked Gatwick - Thailand, after that , who knows.................)

hang on lol i just said ur car would look great in another thread right after you said the exhaust was on your to do list :blink: you meant past tense 'was' on your to do list? ... lol its late and my heads cream crackered ... hope the trips gonna be good for your soul boundsw when it comes around :)